The Morgue 2021

Man, that’s too much. She was the magic at the center of a magical movie.

1 Like

Note they’re not the child who was the main star of the movie, rather one of the supporting cast.

Still awful of course.

Never saw it. When they overhype stuff, I give it a pass.

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight
Schlemiel! Schlimazel! Hasenpfeffer Incorporated
We’re gonna do it!

4 Likes

Bob had a good run. One of the last US politicians I thought of as a “good guy.”

7 Likes

RIP

5 Likes

Jesus. You sound like fun. :blush:

Just started the squid game. Meh

Yeah. Pretty meh.

A guy told me that a 70 year old South African chap died in a traffic accident. I can’t find a link

There’s this, no age specified. He didn’t suffer at least, I’d guess :frowning_face:

Yeah, another article has his age and name Du Plessis.

5 Likes

Hey, I know Gregg (I guess many expats do, especially in the south).

I didn’t know this poor fella who passed, but that is terrible and I hope he’s able to be repatriated to SAffa if that was his wish (or buried here if he wishes as well). I know things can sometimes get complicated with funeral arrangements when an expat passes. Hoping everything goes smooth with minimal hardship to his surviving loved ones.

EDIT: Shit… I thought it was natural causes until I clicked the news article. That’s fucking awful. Hope they get the bastard who hit him.

EDIT 2: How they frame the video in the second article with graphics and funny sounds is in EXTREMELY poor taste. What the hell is wrong with the media here?

EDIT 3: Last edit, I promise. Okay, I Google Translated the article. It says the SAffa ran a red light… maybe, but he was creeping forward, the woman(?) who hit him was driving like a maniac. The tone of the second article, the one with the tasteless remix of the crash video, sounds like it takes her side.

I didn’t notice the video, I can’t say how much I hate that. Removing it

I think they said it was a 24yo woman. It said he ran the red light but she was going really fast, probably trying to make the light.

Yep, look at my third edit. Great minds, etc :grinning:

1 Like

Taiwan English News has posted as report on this tragic death. Condolences to his family and friends. RIP.

Note: there is a video embedded in this story, but it does not show the terrible impact and it has no “graphics and funny sounds.” I hope this is OK.

Guy

5 Likes

Man, he just went through the red light without even slowing down!

Those red lights are easy to miss out in the sticks. They’re often not clear - up in the air. Plus possible eyesight issues. Who knows?

1 Like

Yes, he should’ve stopped, but she shouldn’t have been driving like a bat out of hell. A good driver expects the unexpected and personally I always slow a bit when I’m coming to an intersection even when I have a green light.

3 Likes

Well, he clearly had to pass a car stopped on the red light. Besides possible eyesight issues there’s also lack of awareness of the surroundings.

Yes, I’m not saying it was 100% his fault. Sorry if it sounded like that.
But we all know that in Taiwan one have to be careful for themselves and the others when driving, like you do.

Regardless, horrible way to go. :cry:

1 Like

It appears, from that video, that he may have gone through through two consecutive red lights. It is indeed possible, as BD has suggested, that he missed the second one; but the first one had a vehicle stopped next to him at the line. It looks like he took his chances (I’ve done this too) and sadly the results were tragic.

Guy

1 Like