The Morgue 2021

Damn.
I was listening to a radio station on my way home and they were doing a Paddy Moloney tribute–turns out he died 10 days ago.

The Chieftains are one of my favourite bands and he will be missed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7pDiO52xSs

1 Like

I loved the collaborative work the Chieftains did with Van Morrison. They breathed new life into extraordinary songs such as this:

RIP.

Guy

3 Likes

One of my favourite albums.

They do a great job collaborating with other singers.

1 Like

Gunther of Friends fame has died.

1 Like

Kills more than breast cancer. Something to be aware of.

2 Likes

Very treatable too if it’s caught early. Our squeamishness with a doctor poking around our asshole could sign our death warrant.

2 Likes

Yeah you guys should check your balls often. Or ask your wives to check them for you.

I read that he got something like $100k every year for his role as Gunther on Friends. His whole screen time combined was probably less than 1 hour. That show is so crazy successful.

Killed my father. Complete utter negligence on his part. He didn’t see a doctor for 25 years. By the time he did, it was already stage 4 and had moved to his bones as well.

When I asked him why he didn’t see a doctor, he said, “Well, I felt fine so why should I see a doctor?” I reminded him that he always performed preventive maintenance on all his automobiles on a regular basis such as changing the oil and that he should have done the same with his body.

I then asked him why he never got a prostate exam and he answered, “Because I’m not gay!” He asked me if I had ever had a prostate exam and I replied, “Every year since I turned forty”. He then said, “Oh, you like it, huh?!” And I said, “I like not dying from a completely preventable disease which runs in our family”.

No pity for that stupid, hard-headed, homophobic asshat.

5 Likes

You’re pretty spot on. Here. Read it again.

He wasn’t earning a million per episode like the main cast was, but he was earning a nice tidy sum which doesn’t account for another $1-$2 million that he collected when the show was sold into syndication.

1 Like

I meant after the show had ended he kept earning a big chunk of cash every year even though he was barely in the show.

1 Like

I do actually. I even went to the doctor once about some groin pain and it turned out just to be a pulled muscle.

1 Like

I don’t want to worry people uneccesarily, but male cancers down below are serious. It’s well worth getting checked up regularly.

Rest in Peace Mr. Wilson

1 Like

Dammit! Not “Al”! ‘Quantum Leap’ was one of my favorite shows as a kid. :cry:

5 Likes

And Doctor Yueh from Lynch’s Dune, and a lead cylon from Battlestar Galactica, and countless other things I don’t know because I tend to get stuck in genre stuff.

1 Like

Most of us probably don’t know this name, but North Americans of a certain age will definitely know one of the songs he wrote, “I’m Just a Bill”.

3 Likes

Good guy. Great character actor. I knew him personally many years ago.

Nah…this isn’t a bender…it’s just night time!

One of my favorite scenes of good old Art from the 1990 film Air America

2 Likes

Very talented guy. Taken by cancer at 41. Rip Virgil.

1 Like

Gotta mention Stephen Sondheim. West Side Story, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, Into the Woods, Sweeney Todd.

2 Likes

End of the year. SHould we do a top ten?

1 Like