The Morgue 2021

Never heard of him, but his assessment of PET seemed pretty well spot on, except for
“contempt of the Gaul for the Slav.”
Never come across the idea that Gallics are contemptuous of the Slavic. Teutonic or Anglo-Saxon, yes.
Oh, and the “cold fear of the high-born for the self-made.”
Fear? Disdain, I can see.

Desmond Tutu has died. Will this be the last biggish death of 2021?

1 Like

One of the most brilliant people, and brilliant speakers, I’ve had the pleasure to hear in my lifetime. What an extraordinary contribution, and what a life. RIP.

Guy

3 Likes

Not long after F. W…

Transcript

:cry:

1 Like

Ah crap. I somehow missed realizing he was that old. A good run anyway.

1 Like

Belgian kickboxing star and former world champion Frédéric Sinistra (41) died after short illness.

Ouch.

Guy

1 Like

Whose death no one really noticed.

EO Wilson - modern day legend of biological sciences . RIP.

Interestingly you can still stumble upon unknown insect species in Taiwan. He would have loved this place.

3 Likes

RIP Jean-Marc Vallée.
If you have never seen Dallas Buyers Club, you should.

2 Likes

Liked his earlier and later stuff. Didn’tgo along with of his conclusions about sociobiology applied to humans, but he got a lot of undeserved criticism from the Left because of it.

2 Likes

Not a Raiders fan, but a huge Madden fan.
One of the best, if not the best, NFL color commentators ever. Nice Miller Lite commercial, too.
RIP.

2 Likes

My father used to call him “Old Piss and Moan” when he was the a Raiders Head Coach!

We both loved him as a commentator. He will go down in history as introducing the US to his family’s Thanksgiving and Christmas tradition of the Turducken.

2 Likes

:no_mouth:

1 Like

I think I jinxed things when I predicted Desmond Tutu would be the last big death of 2021…

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: The Morgue 2022