The Morgue 2022

A trailblazer and pioneer in media, Betty had the longest running career for any woman in TV prior to her death – starring in multiple shows over the past 8 decades, starting way back in 1939.

Gavin MacLeod, Ed Asner, and Betty White all within about 7 months of each other this year.
RIP to the main The Mary Tyler Moore Show gang as they’ve all left this world.

7 Likes

She passed away in 2021 (U.S. time)

Well, the living have to start 2022 anyway.

1 Like

Noooooooooooooooo

That’s hilarious though, right?

This one hurts. We all knew it was coming but, still, I wish I could have met her.

1 Like

Damn you 2021!
You just had to take one of our greatest with you on your way out.
2021…you suck.

3 Likes

I enjoyed this Betty White clip, from Golden Girls. The other two just give up playing it straight and lose it at the end.

12 Likes

Thanks for the good laughs.
That was a tear jerker. :rofl:

1 Like

That is brilliant! RIP.

Guy

1 Like

Can’t forget about the Happy Homemaker

1 Like

I was just yesterday reading an interview with her. She put her longevity down to being optimistic and avoiding eating anything green.

2 Likes

A must watch for Betty

3 Likes

Thanks for all the memories Betty.

While being interviewed on CNN the subject of death came up. Here is her unique take on it that I have remembered since:

“My mother had the most wonderful approach to death. She said “We know so many things, almost everything in the world. But we don’t know what happens at that moment. A lot of people think they do but they don’t.” She said “So whenever we lose somebody” She’d say “Now he knows the secret”.

Now Betty knows the secret.

@ 1 min

RIP Betty White. She joins her husband Allen Ludden whom she adored and lost so long ago.

See a classic clip of them working together:

3 Likes

The pranks this lady pulls…

4 Likes

Great comedy is all about timing.

3 Likes

I’ll toast a life well-lived and meaningful, but I’m not sad about it. We should all be so lucky to reach 99 (almost 100). I don’t even have any relatives who got within spitting distance of their 90s.

1 Like

And Cloris Leachman in January 2021.

1 Like

When Betty White asks for a cup of coffee, you get her a :nsfw: cup of coffee :laughing:

4 Likes

Oh this is nice

4 Likes

I read Origins Reconsidered when I was about 20, really enjoyed it

1 Like