The Morgue 2021

Dick Hoyt’s story with his son was my go-to material for Father’s Day lessons. What an example of a loving dad. RIP

3 Likes

As an ‘Archer’ (just look at my avatar) and ‘Arrested Development’ fan, this hits hard. :disappointed:

1 Like

She banged Leonard on the Big Bang Theory too. hilarious actor.

1 Like

Hey, that’s Malory Archer you’re talking about! Knowing her, she probably faked her death and is living it up on a tropical island somewhere, with a fleet of Mercedes Benz and a lot of pretty-pretty boys that she calls friends… :musical_note:

…or that she calls Mandingo! :howyoudoin:

I read her books as a kid and even then she had been around for decades.

6 Likes
1 Like

Lonesome Dove. Great book and even great mini-TV series.

Henry Huggins was my first novel, I believe. Time to read that with my youngest now.

2 Likes

Yeah. Lonesome Dove, The Last Picture Show, Texasville. His movie adaptations were also good- the mini-series you mention with Robert Duvall and Tommy Lee Jones; The Last Picture Show with Jeff Bridges and Cybill Shepherd; Terms of Endearment- bit of a tear-jerker, but good performances from Shirley MacLaine, Debra Winger and Jack Nicholson; and of course, his screenplay for Brokeback Mountain.

1 Like

download

RIP legend :pray:

2 Likes

I think this scene is from Play Misty For Me, right? Loved that movie when I was young; I should watch it again.

RIP :pray:

1 Like

G. Gordon Liddy, Watergate conspirator and talk radio host.

ktla.com/news/nationworld/g-gordon-liddy-unrepentant-watergate-operative-who-became-talk-show-host-dies-at-90/

2 Likes

Yeesh… not shedding many tears about this one.

I completely missed Frank Worthington:

1 Like

That’s really sad.

Yeah. So young.

Awesome patriot. He will be missed!