The Mueller investigations thread

I think the battle plan will shift to decrying Barr , Mueller and anyone else that may be against just describing the report for what it is .

qY49TIZ

2 Likes

The best the Cnn can run are a few sentences taken out of context. Sigh.

I took a brief read through the first couple hundred pages, there’s more detail than we knew already but it was pretty much as expected. I don’t think the Republicans or the Democrats are going to be overly happy or disappointed. Both sides will claim vindication.

The Democrats wanted to use the Mueller report as a basis for more investigations and a road map to impeachment. We will see how well that goes down in the court of public opinion, they are incredibly stubborn so doubt they will do away with their well laid plans so easily, the left leaning MSM will give them cover.

This is the problem . The Mueller Investigation was set up to look at the whole situation, from a Legal perspective . You either have evidence of illegal activity , or not . The point is whether anyone acted illegally. Mueller , Barr and co., concluded that there was no evidence ( other than those prosecuted already for peripheral crimes) or at least not enough substantive evidence to bring a case. That is the bar that should be acknowledged by both sides.
Over 2 years and a lot of manpower have already been dedicated to this. Many of the Politicians have been dedicating so much time to all of this …is it not time to concentrate on running the Country now ?
I fear that the partisanship issue will just ensure that this will drag on and on .
It will not benefit the Dems , other than slowing Legislation down . I don’t see how it will benefit the USA either .
Gowdy makes the point here, and he is a guy who will say what he feels , even criticizing Trump if he feels like it .

I don’t think that was the purpose, Mueller investigation served two purposes. Keep the heat on Trump and act as a block to discovery of materials that might shine a light on intelligence community activity.

I think right from the start he knew there was no Trump Russian collusion, he could have shut it down almost the minute it started, but that wasn’t his goal or point. He started with the goal of going for obstruction.

Obstruction is one of those subjective laws. It’s not like robbing a bank where you either did it or you didn’t. Or someone is guilty of breaking the speed limit. It’s like being charged with being drunk and disorderly, some cop makes their mind up, one cop might have their idea where the line is crossed and another has a different idea where the line is crossed.

It was always the case, that whatever evidence there was for obstruction, the Democrats would say that line was crossed. Mueller knew that which is why he declined to make a decision. Like I say, his report was as much as it could have been an anti Trump research material, there was nothing about resolving issues by the law at all.

1 Like

Jesus, some people really put effort into what they do, even when they’re just memes.

Remarkable amount out there :slightly_smiling_face:
I accept many anti-Trump posts on my feed daily , but realize that engaging will achieve nothing…so they post …I post and may as well just have fun.

Ctrl F for “Russian Hookers” gets what?

1 Like

I have to mention , that I am worried for the future of publications like the Onion. If the MSM keep taking it’s place , it will die off. :neutral_face:

And one more key purpose: influencing the midterm elections, which, unfortunately, it was quite successful in doing. I’m sure that without the 24 hour a day “Trump’s a Russian puppet” narrative the midterm results would have been quite a bit different.

1 Like

Nah. Trump is brilliant. He didn’t fire Mueller so the Dems would stick their necks out.

https://www.facebook.com/ThugLifeSocietyOfficial/videos/366954067249699/

Levin is on the warpath.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei8Np3Mlim4

1 Like

Levin was a never Trumper, I think Cruz supporter and I would certainly disagree with that choice, but respect someone to make a choices of their own.

He has seen something that infuriates him more than Trump does.

Trump can be pretty infuriating too, I can get that , but what it is that is so much more infuriating than Trump could ever be, that is something his critics don’t seem to address.

1 Like

I’m not generally a Levin fan, but he’s smart AF on legal/constitutional issues. I sincerely hope heads will roll for the attempted coup. If there aren’t any legal consequences, this kind of weaponization of the justice system against one’s political opponents will become standard practice in future elections.

Bring it on. The next time we have anyone who is much of a lying piece of shit as Trump, with a coterie of lying pieces of shit around him, a good number of who have rightfully been indicted, we should get exactly the same thing happening.

1 Like