The narratives about Trump thread

I don’t like the way he talks about other people, first off. Let’s start small. A president, any leader, IS a role model for our youth. To refer to countries as shitholes, to refer to entire races as rapists, etc… must I go on? So, right off the bat, he’s an asshole already. His actions have bigly fucking impacts on our youth. I see it already. It’s bad.

He’s destroying relations we’ve taken decades to build and building relations on very unsound foundations. His recent gift to N. Korea is an absolute travesty. He just gave them 10 more years to build up their nuclear arsenal. He’s stupid.

He treated our military like a joke, military we all pay for, and has weakened it beyond measure.

He is closing our economy off, not protecting it. He should be lowering taxes, not raising them. He should be decreasing the reach of the federal government, not increasing it, which is what he’s doing.

He’s a tyrant, and a stupid one at that. We’ll pay for this dearly.

1 Like

Once again its pretty clear youre watching MSM, I suggest you stop headline reading and watch entire videos and read the actual statements he says and compare it to the MSM narrative. Also watch as much different viewpoints as possible and youll realize a lot of info is missing, redacted or just pure opinion pieces on MSM… Do this objectively without who you THINK he is as a person first for a while and you’ll see

1 Like

Well, that’s an entirely useless response. Do you care to be more specific?

Its not useless at all, I’ve asked several of my liberal friends to do the same and they were shocked and angered. They used to never pay attention to politics prior to Trump.

Give concrete reasons… MSM, brainwashed, blah blah blah. Pretty sad stuff. There’s a level of kneejerk thoughtlessness there which is reflective of the kind of administration we have now I suppose. I agree with you totally, but I guess that’s because I’m in lockstep with the MSM, how could anyone disagree with MY opinions lol.

I’m sorry, you’re making no sense.

OK, let’s start with my first gripe, which is a leader referring to entire countries as shitholes. In my mind, that is an asshole move. In itself, it does not make a leader an asshole, but it is a good start.

So, I’ll keep this simple for you. YES/NO question, do you think a leader should refer to other countries as shitholes?

That’s actually excellent advice, regardless of your political persuasion.

Well, that’s one of the problems with the lack of discourse in general I see happening in the US. Nobody is having logical conversation any longer. I’m not concerned with being informed vs. unimformed; that’s all subjective anyway. I’m concerned with the fact that so few people are able to backup their veiwpoints and comments with specific examples. It’s as though our culture has lost the ability to engage in constructive dialogue, and it’s happening across the entire political spectrum.

I’m very conservative in some ways, and very liberal in others, but mostly I’m just a normal guy. But what bothers me is if somebody disagrees with what I say, they so often cannot explain why!

1 Like

Exactly, and it’s what’s happening all the time now in political discussion. Doublespeak, bullshit, useless language, farting.

And thus it has always been when it comes to political discussion.

1 Like

fb3, Well if bad words are more important to you thank stopping Human Trafficking of Children, ISIS, and Calling out illegal wars, FISA Courts, Opiod Pharma corruption then I see cussing means more for you. Pres Trump wasnt belittling the PEOPLE of Haiti but their Corrupt leaders out,.

Once again MSM is skewing the narrative. He referred to the other Country’s Corrupt Leaders as Shitholes not the people of the country. If he called out the People as being shithole then Yea,thats messed up. But thats the Medias spin on it as I’ve checked about 5 articles now until I read Factcheck.org which clarified it all and once again I realize how MSM is manipulating facts saying
WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump referred to Haiti and African nations as “shithole countries” NBCnews - FALSE

TRUE

Anyways I’ve done this about 100 times by now fact checking a lot of Allegations, and unconfirmed rumors of undislosed sources that I keep hearing when it comes to What Trump supposed said or did and each time I look into it the Truth is a lot more balanced and much less severe than the Medias spin on it. Its tiring but I do it and I wish others would too, I know it takes time and its easier to hate him than fact check, but my close Liberal friends know me well and I asked them to do the same and they were shocked by how different the Medias spin is to what is really said. My thing is I always watch the entire speech not the 10-20 second doctored clip with a 5 min opinion piece attached…Just the facts and the facts are usually calm, balanced and centered without the added Fake Drama and spin

3 Likes

Perhaps, but I tend to disagree. 40 years ago, discourse took place in larger chunks, more complete thoughts, longer sentences. Political commercials, for example, were minutes long, not 20 seconds. People read books and newspapers; people could read! We’re losing the ability to express complex concepts, and we’re losing the ability to use complex sentences. Trump can barely communicate.

OK, so he said, according to your source, "“Those shitholes send us the people that they don’t want.” Hmmm, sounds to me like he’s calling countries shitholes.

So, my question, which you haven’t responded to, should a leader refer to other countries as shitholes? It’s a simple YES/NO question.

Calling Shithole leaders shitholes- Im ok
Calling People in general shitholes- Not ok
Is it THAT important to me vs real issues like Trumps executive order to stop Human Sex Trafficking and modern day slavery… No. But why is this never on the News?

Why didnt Bush do it? Why didn Obama do it? Why didnt Clinton do it?

Theres a lot worse people and politicians doing real evil stuff in this world pretending to be good and charming that never get negative media attention.

Now that I answered your question answer mine above too about George Bush and Cheney
Did you hate them as much as Trump as the things they did are effectively 100x worse by FAR its in a different ball park. Did you speak out against them with such fervor and hate too? If not,…why not?

And why do you think the Media supported them and their wars? And the whole idea of Terror and Axis of Evil? CNN, MSNBC, FOX fully supported the 2003 Iraq Invasion when it had nothing to do with 9/11

OK, so let’s move to human trafficking and immigration. Do you really think Trump cares about other people? That’s my first question. If so, why are we separating families at the border? Why are we taking kids away from their mothers? Is that fake news?

Regarding your comment of, “Theres a lot worse people and politicians doing real evil stuff in this world pretending to be good and charming that never get negative media attention.” I agree entirely. In fact I think ALL presidents do nasty shit and they’ve all probably broken laws. Little doubt in my mind on that one.

I absolutely hated Bushes for getting us into those wars. Absolutely. They probably caused more pain and death than Trump ever will. They totally fucked up. You bet I was pissed off at them. I was pissed off at Obama for doing basically NOTHING while in office. I was pissed off at Clinton for bailing out the banks. I’ve been pissed off at every president since I was able to think for myself, you bet your ass.

And Trump is no different. And I think we should all continue to be pissed off because THEY DON’T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT US OR OUR COUNTRY.

On immigration, I think we should ENCOURAGE IT. We need immigrants. Open the borders. Let them in!

Any more questions?

Ok I get your stance, At least you can agree all the Presidents are f’ed up and Bush is worse so theres common Ground. So I get your POV then, you see the deep corruption all along however youre thinking Trump is just another one of them but like a Clown version. Im off work now would love to respond later when I have more time and can give your question my full attention but gotta go for now

Forgot to answer this one. Easy. Money and power. Trump does shake up the traditional media, but they’ll start to support him. You’ll see. Once they both serve each other’s purposes…

I see where you’re coming from. I think we agree on mostly everything other than why I don’t see Trump as just another one of “those” politicians. That will take more time to explain than I have now .

That’s pretty much it. Trump is a clown version. He’s comedic relief. He gives relief to the uptight, unemployed, frustrated white folk for whom the traditional republican party wasn’t cutting it any longer. EDIT: But he’s clearly, clearly not a libertarian. He tried to play all sides of the fence, and still is. He’s a joke, really. He doesn’t know wtf he is himself.

Well at least I can see how youre a Libertarian, I lean more that way myself. No I get your line of thinking, Hes in on it for himself, narcissist etc and wants Power/Ego thing. To be continued… This one will be harder to answer.