The narratives about Trump thread

OK folks, the culture war is going hot! The gauntlet has been thrown down! No prisoners will be taken…especially racist clowns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKj4ZVMktdU

whoever they hired after #44’s photographer has a very good eye.

Equality!

Hmmm, the principle I agree with , but I worry about the true effect . I say that because the reality is that many of the Asian students are wealthy and will get a "Harvard’ education and, potentially, just leave the USA.
Yes , they need the money from foreign students , but I think long term US citizens should get some form of priority ( not based on Race).
So in one sense , this would discriminate against many US students , who may not have had the level of academic ardour, as in Asian schools, to be able to compete . Just my thoughts …but I’m British , what do I know ?:wink:
If I’m not careful I will be agreeing with @anon96115109 and @brasd :yum:

wouldnt that be the case of any student of any race? They may leave the USA if there is work outside? I’m not sure if you’re saying Asian Americans are less Americans than other races and less loyal or likely to stay and contribute to the USA.

This also benefits anyone who is white that may be discriminated against based on race.

It seems it would make more sense to make sure American students have to have a certain percentage of enrollments if thats the worry.

Yes , whilst I get it , you have to look at what happens in reality. What percentage of Asian Students do you guess , stay in the USA? I really am not sure . If the Government was not subsidizing Harvard etc, I agree. Harvard is sitting on 32 Billion usd cash, which I find obscene whilst receiving grants.
but my main worry is that China could flood the system with millions of students , which would limit the opportunities for some surely? There is no foolproof system , but eliminating all controls may be worse, until the USA ups it game in all education before University.
We both know that the culture of long hours and testing may give Asians a distinct benefit in early education compared to the average american student ? How on earth do you create a fair system ? Indeed , should it be fair ?

That are US citizens? Probably just as high as any other group. I don’t know any other asian American that left the US. I know many that were on visas that do go back but I would venture that’s not that far off of any other racial group.

Almost none of my asian American friends even speak enough of their mother tongue to go to where they’re ethnically from if they even speak any at all. Far more Hispanic Americans in my experience speak fluent Spanish. Go to LA and SF, most Chinese Americans probably know less Chinese than you.

There are some people who had their parents take advantage of birthright citizenship and take their child back after and they child may go to the US and study later on. But I doubt that’s really that high of a number to be a significant worry.

Most Chinese students are on visas and green cards to study if they come from abroad.

I just worry that some bright student from Asia , gets in to some University , spends time playing sports and going out with girls , leaves America , tries lots of countries which he hates,and ends up unsure about what he wants .
And, worse, this policy may mean more Berkeley milkers :cold_sweat:
Just messing…but I hope the policy has a good effect and I worry a little that it may swing from unfair …to unfair again, but for a different group , if that makes sense?

I mean do you have any statistics that show asian American students leave the US at a higher rate? I see far more of my white friends leave for Europe and parts of Asia from university. One is just 45min away from my house in Italy. I would be interested to see and rethink my position if you have some numbers.

I remember Indian and behind Chinese foreign students have the highest percentage that stay in the US after graduation either on work visas and employment green cards.

It takes a tremendous amount of time and effort in the US for most people to just leave. It’s difficult to just get a green card, and after you do you need to spend 5 years before you can apply for citizenship after 18.

Also a big issue with the previous affirmative action, it really hurts SE Asians Americans who do not perform as well as E asian Americans.

Schiff must love that nickname :grin:
Republican Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz unveiled his new resolution targeting House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff for his handling of the Russian collusion theory, during Tucker Carlson’s Wednesday show.

The resolution, titled “[Preventing Extreme Negligence with Classified Information Licenses Resolution]—or “Pencil Act”—calls for Schiff’s resignation from the committee. The acronym is a reference to “pencil neck,” which is President Donald Trump’s recent nickname for Schiff.

So cynical. I’m sure it’s just a coincidence. :grin:

Cynical ?..? Never :wink:

My government is replete with maroons. :roll:

Any colour is fine …or did you mean macaroons ?:wink:

And that is the whole point you silly woman. Jeeeeesssssus .
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/cher-appears-to-switch-sides-on-mass-immigration-questions-californias-inability-to-take-care-of-its-own

2 Likes

This is what we’ve been saying!!! All these assholes in Hollywood and in places like New York don’t have the problems the average person has dealing with the influx of illegals in boarder states such as Texas.

Hypocrites.

1 Like

Trump still can’t even hit 3% GDP growth despite squandering trillions in new debt.

Only the dumbest of people are fooled by Trump.

FIFY. :sunglasses:

Looks like somebody suffers from AJP (Alex Jones psychosis)

FIFY again. (only watch Alex Jones for entertainment purposes)