The narratives about Trump thread

Well that is fair. Jesus , it’s nice to have less acrimony and more actual discussion on here for a change . Memes and jokes are just that , but kudos. I have decided to stand with @homersimsun on a unite the world ticket in politics :yum:

1 Like

Agreed, hope you’re feeling better

1 Like

What happened to him? I missed it. Is he coming back?

I think a temp ban … he will be back to harass the life out of me, don’t worry

1 Like

He was my main source of likes… I’ve been lacking these past couple weeks :smile:

1 Like

Seems the playing field of opinion has evened out in spite of his absence . I still believe that this forum mirrors opinion and is equally divided . Just some of us post more frequently . I am more concerned at my attempt at arbitration . I am weak … Rowland will go for my jugular any minute now :cry:

don’t doubt us white supremacists to give out likes to centrists

Right, these days I need to name my favourite Nazi to get any love around here

2 Likes

How about Harris? Left wing, radically left wing or just plain nuts?

Honestly, I feel she’s right of centre. Her prosecution record shows this. She’s been unveiling left of center policies…but I feel her advisors are doing this as she needs some progressives to win the nomination.

Fining companies for the mythical gender pay gap is wayyyyyyyyyy left of center I’d argue

2 Likes

I agree, but I think she’s trying to shift to get the nomination. Still closer to the centre

1 Like

I will never consider Harris, her record as a prosecutor says enough for me. She isn’t a progressive either based on her record. I’m strong on prison reform, shes the opposite of that.

I’m totally a fiscal conservative and more libertarian often, thats true. But I still find myself a social liberal. I care about all the things Dem supposedly care about. Prison reform, I install solar panels to be eco friendly and care about the environment, I care about racial issues, etc. But Trump made more prison reform in my eyes than Obama ever did. Thats one major reason I voted for Obama. Dem have not produced any realistic environmental legislation as much as they want to play that card. And I watched how Dems support things like how Harvard discriminated against Asian Americans like myself.

Something sorely overlooked by MSM. Another one is the campus free speech bill or whatever it was. Good!!!

1 Like

Thank God the WSJ is willing to challenge the NYT’s modification of the 1619 project to pivot from Russian collusion to bringing the partisan firepower of Democrat identity politics to bear against Trump and the GOP.

President Trump is no racist, but the Democrat media are going to try like hell to convince you otherwise.

Long before the El Paso massacre, President Trump’s political opponents accused him of sowing “division” with his “racist language.” Mr. Trump “exploits race,” “uses race for his gain,” is engaged in a “racially divisive reprise” of his 2016 campaign, stokes “racial resentments,” and puts “race at the fore,” the New York Times has reported over the past several months.

Yet Mr. Trump rarely uses racial categories in his speech or his tweets. It is the media and Democratic leaders who routinely characterize individuals and groups by race and issue race-based denunciations of large parts of the American polity.

Some examples: “As race dominates the political conversation, 10 white Democratic candidates will take the stage” (the Washington Post); Mr. Trump’s rally audiences are “overwhelmingly white” (multiple sources); your son’s “whiteness is what protects him from not [sic] being shot” by the police ( Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand ); white candidates need to be conscious of “white privilege” (South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg ); “white supremacy manifests itself” in the criminal-justice, immigration and health-care systems ( Sen. Cory Booker ); “ Michael Brown was murdered by a white police officer in Ferguson, Missouri” ( Sen. Elizabeth Warren ); whiteness is “the very core” of Mr. Trump’s power, whereas his “predecessors made their way to high office through the passive power of whiteness” (Ta-Nehisi Coates in the Atlantic).

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-isnt-the-one-dividing-us-by-race-11566158729?shareToken=stc50b630f49c645a49aa3cf6cfada956e

2 Likes

Just like they’re now pushing the deadly impending recession!!!

Which could, given sufficient attention, the right set of global circumstances, and on, say, a given Monday or even Tuesday actually push the US economy into a recession.

That’s how whack the MSM and some Democrats have become. It’s extremely sad.

1 Like

Until everyone gets paid again the following week.

Hah. Still, I worry. I remember when the Clinton-era economy was humming along nicely through fall 2000, when US GDP growth flattened out.

GW Bush won the election in November, and in December (? - prior to inauguration anyway) stated in the press that without tax reform the US economy would fall into recession. He was inaugurated in January 2001, and GDP shrank in March (NBER marked March as the beginning). There was the usual finger-pointing, but as I remember it Bush’s comments pummeled public opinion (thanks to MSM) and a recession followed (EGGTRA was passed in June and the US economy emerged from recession in November after shrugging off 9/11).

It’s like the way inflation used to be taught in uni thirty years ago, when “expected” inflation was a parameter in econometric analysis. An “expected” recession can be achieved imo, e.g., Bush as amplified by MSM in 2000. The media can do a helluva lot of harm if they’re so inclined.

I made the same point on the shooting thread and almost got banned for it because it was off topic.