The netbook thread

You should really take the train up to Taipei and hit the computer market, usually a bit cheaper there, but not my a mile. Maybe NT$1000 or so. In saying that, TK 3C had some super deals going that ends today on CULV notebooks, 5k off some of the latest Asus 12 and 13.3-inch models and some other notebooks with huge discounts, but I didn’t really pay attention to what they were. If you don’t like PCHome, then Monday might be better monday.com.tw/?sub=214&hpp=navibar

Asus and Lenovo have 12-inch ION netbooks, but the Asus is only rated a t 5h battery life as it has the dual core desktop Atom 330 in it.

As for the “new” Atom platform, well, it doesn’t offer any better performance as such, maybe 1-2% but the battery life seems to be better as long as the netbook has a high capacity battery.

Fujitsu has a new model coming, haven’t seen it for sale yet but should be out soon, that looks really sweet, although the trackpad is a bit small mobileandnotebook.com/news/fujit … first-look
On the upside it has a fantastic keyboard and a little scroll circle that’s really easy to use. It also has a 1366x768 display rather than 1024x768 The design is also pretty cool. However, it’s over NT$20k which is a bit steep for a netbook.

Och du, det går jätte bra att skriva svenska på vilket tangetbord som hellst, dessutom så har dom lokala precis samma layout som i USA.

Is it the Guanghua Digital Plaza you mean with the computer market? (I have actually never been there yet, just in the neighbouring streets).

Och visst går det bra, ända tills man vill programmera i C och upptäcker att man inte kan skriva <> utan att byta språk på tangentbordet :wink:

Yeah, that’s it, but you can also visit Nova next to Taipei main station maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=25.0 … 2&t=h&z=20

Ah, men det gör man ju lätt med alt+shift… :wink: