The next war

Are you looking forward for a war against China?

If the US is prepared to use them, then almost no large troop numbers will ever cross the Taiwan straight. The only other way is an airborne assault with light infantry (would be a killing field of dead PLA soldiers). All they can do is bombard Taiwan for months with land based missiles and try to wipe out Taiwan’s air force and air defenses. By that time there would already be a truce.

1 Like

Well, depending on how you look at it, the China War never really ended since Korea - its continued in “parts”. It wasn’t until fall of the Berlin Wall that really shifted China’s priorities into high gear since they saw the Soviet Collapse and knew China would be Americas next priority.

US-China War part 1 - Korean War
US-China War part 2 - Vietnam War
US-China War part 3 - Gulf War
US-China War part 4 - Balkan War and Kosovo Crisis
US-China War part 5 - War in Afghanistan
US-China War part 6 - Gulf War II/ Iraq War
US-China War part 7 - 2018 Trade War till Present

Etc etc. and many more in between those listed.

There are new wars every year, probably even averages out to every week. Just not ones many of us care about. Perhaps your question is more like the next world war?

The fact we even discuss this shows how immature our species is. Monkeys with projectile sticks. Its embarrassing we still need to think about war at all. Truly a sign of how fucking unintelligent we are.

But yeah, i doubt the vietnam thing as well. I could see it happening with a taiwan problem, and likely escalating with japanese involvement with usa as well…then see how things spiral. Personally i am betting on another cold war rather than a ww3. But it just takes 1 crazy fu*k to push one too many buttons…and we have a lot of buttons now.

The US mistakenly thought so, yes.

No

Not a war. So, 1 out of 7, and that seventy years ago.

1 Like

Not mistakenly - China stationed 300,000 troops in Vietnam after supplying and training the Vietnamese to defeat the French before the US was involved. China had full intent on having Vietnam under its control for land and sea shipping lanes. They pivoted later when Soviet ties got bumpy.

Uh, Yes absolutely. China on all accounts.

Of course its a war – 5 million lives lost, 230 million casualties, supply chain disruptions, resource crisis, etc. That’s a war, no doubt about that.

Hmm. The subs in the Taiwan strait could work if timed right. It would be problematic to keep them their long without overwhelming air superiority - Chinese airborne ASW would presumably decimate them otherwise.

Seems to me Taiwan is perfect as a pretext to start the war. However the real underlying US strategy is the destruction of Chinas cities, infrastructure, population and economy - NOT defending Taiwan.

Its hard to see how Taiwan is a realistic option as a base for the long term strategic destruction of China. The limited landmass and few airbases would be vulnerable. US military doctrine is based around overwheming air power delivering deep strikes from safe protected airbases arrayed in depth - this does not appear to be possible from Taiwan.

It seems to me, from a long term strategic sense, the US would have been better to (temporarily) befriend Russia and goad/engineer them into a confrontation with China - in which the US could immediately step in to help. The length of Russian borders with China wold be a nightmare for the PRC to defend. If Russia could be coaxed into war with China then it would certainly be game over for China.

However its hard to see how Russia could be brought to the table given the that US and Russian relations are at an all time low since the 2014 Ukraine fiasco.

Look at how almost all of the US-China Wars have been fought in the past up to now. Majority are through proxy – China uses someone else to do the fighting but provides the supplies, resources, etc. China also likes to engage in low-tech conflict, subversion, and confusion because it makes the US have to respond with expensive. protracted solutions.

Thats often a bad idea… befriending china hasnt worked out quite as planned… Both the US and Russia seem to lack the intelligence AND maturity to work together. No doubt it would be a problem for china, but i dont see a reality where this works. Its amazing how sellfish, greedy and egotistical all these nations areto even play these “war games”

I sometimes wonder if this is the same shit that was happening in the minds of the egyptians and other great civilizations past before they collapsed. Its just poor logic all around. Luckily, we can alao blame environmental disasters for our seemingly presestined doom haha.

Dumb. Just dumb. Monkeys with complicated sticks, as usual.

1 Like

Vietnamese had different intent.
And how the hell was US intervention in Kosovo, invasion of Iraq, or occupation of Afghanistan, war with China?

2 Likes

You’re not alluding to the Korean Conflict are you? Back in the 50s?

I do agree with you.

The issue is those sticks are exceptionally expensive - witness USA spending 715 billion this year on defense.

Those “monkeys” are shareholders, owners and execs for the bigtime military arms companies like Lockheed Martin, Boeing etc. These people have fully embedded connections in Washington DC. Put simply, they call the shots - not the politicians.

Just need to keep bringing freedom and democracy to the world.

No, I was alluding to all of the missiles Kim’s north has fired before and since 2016 (when Kim himself ascended to the Dear Leadership) that are supposed to be in violation of something or other. Remember this…?

Those stunts reminded us not only that North Korea is an unstable state, but that it could easily boil over into a hot war.