The not-sure-if-racist thread

I, for one, am shocked!

Why can’t they just say, “boring”? :sob:

2 Likes

Makes sense for a corporation though, people just want a mouthful of cheesy goodness without any controversy.

Actual systemic racism…

3 Likes

#whiteprivilege

If it’s private money, then I suppose it’s up to the donors how it gets spent. It’s not illegal to be a cnut. But the mayor really ought to step away from it all.

1 Like
  • The program, funded by wealthy private donors, explicitly excludes poor white families

Who are they? Out them. Dox them. Protest them at their houses. Organize. Fight back. Get in their faces. Make them know they aren’t welcome.

Or whatever, it’s their own money. I could give a shit what they do with it. Here’s the site:

How is this funded and how much does it cost?
Oakland Resilient Families is 100% funded by philanthropic donations. To date we have raised $6.75 million, at least 80% of which will be distributed directly to families over the next 18 months.

Why so long to get the money out? Why only 80%?

“Actual” as opposed to what?

Some people use disingenuous interpretations to make accusations of outright racism where it doesn’t actually exist. I know, sounds disgusting. Sadly, it definitely happens.

2 Likes

“Homer, did you stay up all night getting triggered by cheese?”
“I think I’m a snowflake”
110705198_3262963150428479_349292201501558459_n

2 Likes

I feel us new-worlders should adopt indigenous surnames so as to disassociate from our colonial past

then we’d be accused of culture appropriation. damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

3 Likes

Systemic race grifting.

1 Like

Surnames are a tool of colonial oppression.

1 Like

Never heard of it.

Or occupation. Or family. People probably got tired of being body shamed. Carl, you know, Carl with the scraggly hair. Married to Lucy with the lopsided rack.

There are other names for it.

1 Like

So what do you make of the Midlands surname “Shufflebottom”?

Pub floor sweeper?

1 Like

This is the new vanguard of racism–racist whites demanding apologies for their own racist behavior. This whole ‘everyone labels us racists’ trend is really so insulting to anyone with half a brain or understanding of US history.

(CNN) An African American mother says she won’t sit down to talk with two men who came armed with about 13 other White people to her North Carolina home last year looking for a missing teenage girl – and she doesn’t care that a court acquitted them.

Still, lawyers for the two men say they not only want the families to come together and sort out what they believe is a misunderstanding, but their clients also want an apology from Monica Shepard and her teen son, Dameon, as well as from their family’s lawyers, for comments they feel painted their clients as racists.

The Shepards’ lawsuit – filed by the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law in January, before state Judge Chad Hogston acquitted the two men – accuses “the mob” of trespassing, brandishing weapons and harassing and intimidating the Shepards. A news release alleges the group “committed racialized terror when they approached and menaced a Black family in their North Carolina home.”

Armed White men who showed up at a Black family’s home were acquitted. Now, they want an apology - CNN