The Obama File

I’ve been looking through an anti-Obama site, “The Obama File”. I can’t believe how lame and lacking in substance the conservative attacks on him are.
Here are some shocking allegations from the “Islam” section of the site.

So Obama thinks that US citizens of the Muslim faith also have civil rights.

Obama believes that food should be sold as labelled.

Obama was correct!

Obama donned the local attire, just as many other leaders have done on trips abroad.

It is indeed a beautiful sound.

Irrespective of apportioning blame, it is very hard to argue that the Palestinian people are not suffering greatly.

Now he wants to talk to Muslim countries! Is this something that no good Christian American would consider?

…continues ad nauseum

Oh yeah. The Obama is getting such a bum rap it’s a pity.

Must be racism…eh?

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Oh yeah. The Obama is getting such a bum rap it’s a pity.

Must be racism…eh?[/quote]
Who said? I don’t see any such claim in Mawvellous’ post.

I guess if you have nothing to say the best thing you can do is to make up shit …

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Oh yeah. The Obama is getting such a bum rap it’s a pity.

huh…I didn’t say it was racism. I said I thought that the attacks produced by that website were lame and lacking in substance.
What is wrong with suggesting that the civil rights of all American citizens should be protected, or that food should be correctly labelled, or that the US might want to talk to Muslim countries? Please tell…

I don’t think TC was referring to the OP’s comments. In fact, I can’t see how his post could be interpreted as such.

marboulette.

[quote=“marboulette”]I don’t think TC was referring to the OP’s comments. In fact, I can’t see how his post could be interpreted as such.

marboulette.[/quote]

He didn’t have anything useful to say, so he “played the (reverse) race card” as a smokescreen to obscure the fact that that site is a load of poppy cock. It would sure be interesting to hear his opinion on the issues raised instead.

Read more of his posts and you will understand.

[quote=“Rascal”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]Oh yeah. The Obama is getting such a bum rap it’s a pity.

Who said? I don’t see any such claim in Mawvellous’ post.

I guess if you have nothing to say the best thing you can do is to make up shit …[/quote]

I believe that TC was being very tongue-in-cheek/ sarcastic when he said that…correct me if I’m wrong.

[quote]The Obama File wrote:
Obama sponsors Illinois Senate Bill 750 creating the “Halal Food Act,” providing for inspections by the Department of Agriculture to ensure that all food labeled Halal is prepared according to Islamic law.

Obama believes that food should be sold as labeled.[/quote]

And what’s wrong with that? If you read the bill you will see that it is designed to prevent :

1)Creates the Halal Food Act. (“Halal” food is
defined to mean food that is prepared under and maintained in strict
compliance with the laws of the Islamic religion.)
2)Makes it a Class B
misdemeanor for any person to: make a statement that tends to
deceive or otherwise lead a reasonable individual to believe that a
non-halal food product is halal;
3) falsely represent any food sold,
prepared, served, or offered for sale to be halal;
4)remove or destroy
the original identification affixed to food commodities to indicate
they are halal; or engage in certain other conduct.

We have symbols on food products in the US that note if it is kosher or not. So why can’t Muslims have the same benefit? And if you think about it, it’s could be a benefit for others as I know many people who aren’t Jews who eat kosher, because the meat is cleaner therefore the same could be said about those who want to have food prepared in under Islamic laws.

It’s hard to tell who’s arguing with who on this thread. I’m getting confused here.

Nothing! Did you read my post?

However, I would like to challenge any anti-Obama person to tell me what is wrong with the bill.