The ocean is huge; it dilutes everything

…and the problem is we only really notice things when it starts damaging us. Meanwhile countless species die out and resources are sucked up so we can breed even more of us.

Greed

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

[quote=“Belgian Pie”]Humans are pigs, clueless and stupid … with a short memory span for bad things.
[/quote]

What species are you?

Same as you probably. Don’t like what you read? Move on.

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

When a fish walks on the moon, I’ll start caring about fish the way I care about people.

When I observed fish eating their own shit, I lost all respect for them.

When I observed humans eating their own mercury shit, I lost all respect for them.

I think I care more about fish now than I do about people. If we don’'t respect fish, we end up with acidic, tocix, plastic garbage strewn seas, which are the foundation of all life on this planet. People have the intellectual capacity to see what is going on, change what they do, and promote change. Most people, however, choose not to, and instead choose to be complicit accomplices in their own destruction. I don’t care much about them: they deserve darwin awards.

just don’t have kids, people. Then you can relax, and so can your kids.

That’s good advice for some people.

But I do have kids. And that means I have to take action to enable them to have a future.

No one on earth has enough brains to do that. Most attempts to predict and control the future fail miserably. The most dangerous people are the megalomaniacs who think they can save the world. There are no messiahs on this planet, just way too many people with a messiah complex.

All you can do for your kids’ future is up the odds a bit by teaching them critical thinking skills and a pragmatic, flexible attitude. Their only hope, regardless of what happens, is if they’re smart enough to figure out how to deal with whatever comes their way, when it comes.

I have a high IQ, and I usually see things coming better than most people I know. Even I don’t always know what’s coming next. It’s part of being human. But I always have contingency plans. People who think they know everything don’t make contingency plans. It’s painful to watch their reaction when things don’t work out as expected.

Say, what’s Aquaman up to these days?

Please do your part and don’t reproduce.

Tool late and Im well aware of the irony and the resource guilt. However I doubt I will go beyond two.
There’s nothing very special about humans when there are going to be 7 billion of us.

Thank you for contradicting yourself so succinctly, Rowland. I don’t really need to answer you at all, do I, except to point out the contradiction.

I can take action by providing my children with skills and contingencies which will give them options whatever happens in the future, or at least give them better chances than most. My “contingencies” include but are not limited to a good education, survival skills, and a self-sufficient homestead.

From my viewpoint, it’s simple: if you’re a frog in a pot of water and the water is getting hotter and hotter, you have a choice to get out or to stay there. If you perceive that the water is in fact heating up remarkably, then the logical next step is to take action to get out. If you don’t perceive that, or think that the water is not heating up, then you can choose to stay there. But most people are sitting there, aware it’s becoming very hot, but not jumping.

Those who jump are hardly “Messiahs” or a “megalomaniacs” who “think they can save the world.” I don’t know where you’re getting this from.

It makes a big difference which way you jump.

[quote]
Those who jump are hardly “Messiahs” or a “megalomaniacs” who “think they can save the world.” I don’t know where you’re getting this from.[/quote]

Where I get this from:

Fukushima Radiation: What You’ve Heard are LIES!

That is an overstatement: some of the things you’ve heard are lies (like the image showing calculated tsunami wave height being peddled as an image of how raditation spreads in the ocean - anybody knowing anything about ocean currents can see immediately that it is a hoax).
Two wrongs don’t make a right: the fact that some people worried or scared of nuclear pollution have spread false information does not erase the fact that TEPCO has spread false and incomplete information and that our (=the Japanese) government, which has a well-documented history of lying about other important issues, has lied about Fukushima as well and continues to do so. Add to that our media that are on e leash and the new screcey law (to be passed within a few weeks), and you can count on more trouble.
Anyway, the people suggesting that the ocean will take of any and every shit we dump into it are full of the exactly that - regardless of whether they have a PhD in something. Some people like to believe what is convenient for them, and some are paid to say things that are not true…

How far do you go out?

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk[/quote]

Like several hundred miles offshore

Sorry, grave dig, I know, but this thread seems like the right place to post this.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34789818/

NSYSU team led by professor Chen Chen-Tun did a bunch of surveys to measure the amount of radiocesium from Fukushima in the kuroshio. While some Cs134 certainly came from Fukushima, more Cs137 from 60 years ago were detected at depths between 200-400 m. The most likely sources would be the US and Soviet nuclear detonations from back then.

The Cs134 from Fukushima at shallow depths were within safety standards, and Cs137 is more concentrated, and could pose health threats in the Northeast coast of Taiwan, since it’s a place where currents come to the surface.

3 Likes