The Official English Premier League Thread

[quote=“Funk500”][quote=“tomthorne”]Man U losing 3-0, just makes the weekend.

Rumour is that City are about to do their traditional foot shooting later tonight. Sixth in the league, sack the manager. Dickheads.[/quote]

Yep. Hughes has gone. Why is nobody surprised?[/quote]

Allegedly they were thinking about Mourhino, but decided against is because he’s too mouthy. What a shame, Mourhino and Ferguson in the same city would have been fantastic fun.

I still think it’s an idiotic decision, but it’s not my 200 million quid to play with. We’ll see at the end of the season whether Mancini is still baciato dalla grazia after his enforced break from the game.

CL place, certainly, but I can’t see them competing for the title. Still don’t have the depth in the squad (although I would be very happy to be proven wrong in this regard, was disappointing not to see them continue the form of the first half of the season into the second half last season when they started haemorrhaging points from Feb or so). True that as I type this they’re only 5 points off, but Chelsea shouldn’t misfire against West Ham (although again I would be more than happy to be proved wrong!).[/quote]

My Gunners still in with a shout, a game in hand and if thats won then only 3 behind Chelsea who were lucky to even draw against West Ham tonight. More important is to be ahead od Manure United

Darn Chelski scraped through. The good news though: news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal … 435115.stm

Roy, Roy!

What a game against Bolton tonight. Down 2 0 after 40 miutes at home. Then the gunners pour it on and score 4 goals and win.

Top of the league for a few days at least until Chelsea play again. Maybe Chelsea could do us all a favour and lose. :smiley:

Manure United still in there 1 point behind the Gunners

The Arsenal Bolton game was great, but Bolton were a little unlucky. Great to see Arsenal doing well, a well run club unlike the 700m in debt foreign owned corporate sell out plc that used to be Man U ‘football club’.

Arsenal is well run, Financially it will be one of the best clubs around in a few years with cash to spend that doesnt need to be borrowed first.

Man U should be demoted to other leagues for the current debt levels they have.

I’m sick with disappointment that Spurs lost at Liverpool. They’ll never have a better opportunity to win at Anfield, but from the reports I’ve read, didn’t even come close to deserving to (though Defoe had a perfectly good equalizer ruled out for unidentifiable reason).

Coming right after the equally disappointing 0-0 draw at home to Hull last Saturday, when they could have won by a hatful but for Myhill’s heroic’s in goal, it has firmly squelched all remaining hope of a top-four finish for Spurs. City and Villa are sure bets to finish the season ahead of them (in that order), and probably Liverpool too (in 6th), so they’ll end up in 7th place, with no improvement at all over last season.

It’s so damn frustrating, disheartening, and at times downright painful being a Spurs supporter!

[quote=“Omniloquacious”]I’m sick with disappointment that Spurs lost at Liverpool. They’ll never have a better opportunity to win at Anfield, but from the reports I’ve read, didn’t even come close to deserving to (though Defoe had a perfectly good equalizer ruled out for unidentifiable reason).

Coming right after the equally disappointing 0-0 draw at home to Hull last Saturday, when they could have won by a hatful but for Myhill’s heroic’s in goal, it has firmly squelched all remaining hope of a top-four finish for Spurs. City and Villa are sure bets to finish the season ahead of them (in that order), and probably Liverpool too (in 6th), so they’ll end up in 7th place, with no improvement at all over last season.

It’s so damn frustrating, disheartening, and at times downright painful being a Spurs supporter![/quote]

I watched the game and Spurs seemed to have no drive at all. I can’t remember which player, but at one point Redknapp wanted to make a substitution and the sub didn’t have his shorts on. Redknapp went fucking mental. It was a weird performance all round, totally lacking in passion. I wonder whether Spurs have the belief that they can beat the top teams (OK, I know, it was Liverpool). They looked like they didn’t feel they deserved to win.

Well the mighty Newcastle will be back in the premier league next season rock on :discodance:

Yes it’d good they are coming back. Congrats on that. Can Cardiff follow suit too?