The Overdue Critical Race Theory Thread

It exists as much as varieties of dogs exist. I can explain further but it is a lot of genetics. The Lowentin paper was deeply flawed. I do not mean that arrogantly , just my background is genetics. If we can except an analogy of lets say lets say a Doberman is different to a Jack Russel then race in humans is also real (or breeds). If we accept that they are all dogs with no more differences between varieties than differences between individual dogs then race does not exist.I could use varieties of butterflies , trees or guppies too…

I don’t see why we would think about dogs. My understanding in short is that there can be different prevailing ranges of characteristics among different local groups of people, but that grouping them together arbitrarily according to skin color is meaningless, biologically speaking.

1 Like

Yes, skin color is just one trait. Look across Africa are ethiopians really the same as Nigerians ? Are the different Nigerian tribes genetically the same. However, yes skin color alone is meaningless.
Lets say you are a beginner at your new hobby of identifying trees. You open a guide book, step one, what is the shape of the leaves, step 2 what color are the fruits/nuts etc and so on. Eventually through many characteristics you determine with elation “Ah this is a cypress tree or whatever…”.
It is a combination of genes that create a different phenotype.

biologically appropriate race has not been proposed or existed, though human beings can be biologically categorized.

1 Like

Right , so in that way it is a construct as are most categorizations.It is however a category and rightly so in.many fields. It is very useful in medicine , crime scene investigations and many more situations. Different “races” react differently to different medicines, pathogens etc. Different “races” can help more quickly identify serial killers for example we are looking for a black/ white suspect…
If they want to change the word race to category blah blah …then fine with me.

they are people oppressed and suffered from long lasting English supremacy.

1 Like

I’ll say! And if that isn’t bad enough those pansies laugh at us Americans because of the way we say aluminum and tomato.

How about nobody gets rejected because of their race or gender? Is that really too much to expect?

Let’s have a 100m race. I’ll start at the 90m mark, and you start at zero. That’s fair, we’re both running the 100 metres- you don’t want an artificial advantage, do you?

2 Likes

You against Usain Bolt?

British? They do deserve a lot of the blame for like everything…why not this too?

Well, there’s this…

"If we hear at all about Britain’s involvement in slavery, there’s often a slight whiff of self-congratulation – for abolishing it in 1833, 32 years ahead of the US "

:thinking:

There’s a lot of debate about britain’s role, but most would agree they ended slavery before the US

Dude, once again. WHY are you responding to me???

Did you or did you not just start a thread on how trolling people is badz?

For the record. I have you on ignore. You’re acting deranged. I’m glad I can’t see it. There are plenty of other people willing to help you with your English.

British started, and USAmerican succeeded. English has been so widely instituted that even oppressed people are not aware of it. Other oppressed oppressive languages such as Spanish, Russian, Mandarin, Arabian, etc. should be used more.

1 Like

Isn’t most of the content on the internet in English? Something ridiculous like 95%?

it sounds correct. English supremacy is proved!
As a step to undo it, I started studying Russian again, I now remember.

Does that include whites ?

I’m responding to things posted on this thread.

I don’t have you on ignore so I can respond. Still not sure how you can read my response then.

I did. I don’t see the connection.

This personal attack is uncalled for.

1 Like

You are both big boys. Be adult.

1 Like

Or the Dr Zeuss definition. Ah the sneetches. Gullivers travels little v big endians is another one like that