The Overdue Critical Race Theory Thread

And what about the Greek gods? Didn’t Zeus give someone a golden shower without consent?

Wait, but are the Greeks white enough? Good ol’ CRT, if it ain’t white it’s alright…

1 Like

Genesis 6:4

There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Dunno how ‘non-consensual’ any of that might have been. Plenty of women like that sort of thing, I guess.

Stick Critical race theory where the sun doesn’t shine.
I think it’s more or less socio-economic.
I’m living in a parallel world…
I’m from South Jersey, USA where we have slightly hillbilly type people called Pineys.
They play washboards and other hillbilly instruments, check out a local group called The pine corners.
Some chew tobacco and many are wary of outsiders but once they get to know you, they are very friendly people.
Here some people build traditional toys, play washboards and other traditional instruments, chew betalnut and except physical and cultural characteristics they behave quite the same.
People are people they will be racist towards any outsiders.

Nice and easily understandable primer from a Harvard Law graduate and U of Louisiana professor with experience in the field.

1 Like

John McWhorter on “Black Fragility” | Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO)

Great stuff, watch the whole interview when you can.

youtube only shared that clip and i don’t have HBO!

Torrents are always the answer!

But, only legal ones!

1 Like

Good points, but I think I’d take her more seriously if she wasn’t wearing her magic face covering and talked a bit more slowly. Just my curmudgeonly perspective.

I think she was a little nervous. Probably no experience speaking in public. I get the feeling she’ll do better next time.

We’ve seen in other places they have time limits that they strictly adhere to.

2 Likes

And then start shouting you down. Yes, ha ha. I’m just glad the movement against CRT seems to be gaining momentum.

2 Likes

Yup. I felt a bit sorry for her. She should practice in front of the mirror.

It reminds me of something JP was saying in that interview video: we all need someone in our lives who will take us seriously and will act as a foil to bounce ideas off. His point was that it’s becoming increasingly difficult for young people today to find such a person (or people). I think he’s right.

2 Likes

Have you seen how boards like this treat dissenters when their time is up?

I sent you an email with the link for the Google doc.

If anyone wants to read the intro and descriptive section of my paper, let me know.

He doesn’t mention CRT (I don’t think), but if you read enough it is clear that that is one of the objects of his criticism.

1 Like
1 Like

The law firm’s report was publicly released Monday.

“No students who participated in the investigation reported that they were ever forced to apologize for the color of their skin,” reads the report on the investigation, which was conducted by Hawley-Troxell, a Boise law firm. “Nor did any student report being personally singled out for their skin color or being subjected to taunts, name-calling, or other degrading behavior from an instructor or other students based on their skin color, beliefs or ideas.”

The report notes that the firm eventually interviewed the complainant “after several failed attempts” and that this individual refused to provide additional details about what he had reported.
He “declined to describe in any detail what he has seen or heard from students other than that it was ‘really inappropriate,’” and “stated that he did not have possession of the video he had seen and declined to provide any information on how it could be obtained,” the report said.

I bet Michelle had it hidden with the “Get Whitey” tape.

IOTW, this was pulleded wholesale out of somebody’s ass, and Republican legislators responded by cutting the budget by $1.5 million because of pretended concerns about “social justice programming.”

1 Like

It’s good the investigation found nothing untoward took place, but since we know it is happening elsewhere that is why it was so easy to believe…