The Overdue FBI Thread

Idk about that. I read a book recently about the end of the USSR. The secrets they kept at the end, wow. If everybody under the sun knew the kind of turbulence going in at then highest levels of the Soviet and post Tiananmen Square Chinese government idk if we all would have been able to pull off the collapse as well as we did.

Given today’s 24/7 news cycles, I don’t mind secrets being kept. Hiding corruption, especially our own though, chafes my arse.

1 Like

Quite likely the Soviet and Chinese populace could have found that information pretty handy.

Care to share name of book?

Most of the topsecret stuff back then that didn’t leak, thank god, has been declassified on multiple sides, US, Russian, German and Chinese.

1 Like

I agree completely. I would never suggest the will of people is ever asserted by elected or any other kind of gov’t. If it did, we would have been annihilated long ago, lol… By preppers and the white supremacist moral majority of American psychosis. Or wretched dweebs like Putin, who is a sort of Bela Lugosi who can’t stop playing bad vampire with his corrupt greedy gymnast slut…

Of course, I agree that the need for state secrecy is a scam that reflects the fake, forced polarization of the world into unnecessary power camps. This is merely the manifestation of local and regional hegemonies asserted by the concentrated ownership of capital by the few, and/or corrupt authoritarian control over a domestic economy. War is caused by the fact that concentrated power exists nation to nation, and for no other reason.

So, BTW, I do not believe that we carry an “animal gene” that forces us to become violent. I sincerely think aggressive behavior can be unlearned and peace can reign. However, we may need another thousand years or so…

There’s a “found” civilization in modern India that was huge (i think one estimate was 5 million people on one city, and there were two cities that did a bunch of trade) and had no signs of any weapons. It’s unclear what lead to their demise (if they were slaughtered, archaeologists would have figured that out, apparently?), but they didn’t even hunt animals for food. And they had standard brick sizes for all their roads and buildings! So yeah, humans in some parts of the world have had peaceful moments where they worked together for the common good, but if we model for the next generation that violence solves our problems, we’re making sure the next generation tries to solve their problems with violence!

The Harappan?

The cities of the ancient Indus were noted for their urban planning, baked brick houses, elaborate drainage systems, water supply systems, clusters of large non-residential buildings, and techniques of handicraft and metallurgy.[d] Mohenjo-daro and Harappa very likely grew to contain between 30,000 and 60,000 individuals,[10] and the civilisation may have contained between one and five million individuals during its florescence.

The ancient Indus systems of sewerage and drainage that were developed and used in cities throughout the Indus region were far more advanced than any found in contemporary urban sites in the Middle East and even more efficient than those in many areas of Pakistan and India today. The advanced architecture of the Harappans is shown by their impressive dockyards, granaries, warehouses, brick platforms, and protective walls. The massive walls of Indus cities most likely protected the Harappans from floods and may have dissuaded military conflicts.[115
The purpose of the citadel remains debated. In sharp contrast to this civilisation’s contemporaries, Mesopotamia and ancient Egypt, no large monumental structures were built. There is no conclusive evidence of palaces or temples.[116] Some structures are thought to have been granaries. Found at one city is an enormous well-built bath (the “Great Bath”), which may have been a public bath. Although the citadels were walled, it is far from clear that the structures were defensive.

Although some houses were larger than others, Indus civilisation cities were remarkable for their apparent, if relative, egalitarianism. All the houses had access to water and drainage facilities. This gives the impression of a society with relatively low wealth concentration.[117

-Wiki

1 Like

Yeah that sounds about right.

I lost this after posting it, and am still puzzling why I posted this on a thread about the FBI.

2 Likes

:ok:

A good look at scumbag Rep. Daniel Goldman who has popped up in a lot of these hearings to deliver various fascist pronouncements. Unsurprisingly the NYT endorsed this POS in the 2022 primary.

1 Like

Oh man, if the FBI planted pipe bombs, that’s got to be the last straw. What’s the message? That the FBI is run like an international kegger?

:grinning: Don’t tell me that thought only just now crossed your mind?

Planting matching pipe bombs? What’s the political message? We’re in charge? It’s really shocking, if true.

I’ve never believed a lone Russian puppet who was assassinated before he could talk was behind the last destruction of a sitting president, JFK.

Your asking why the FBI might carry out an act that may be classified as a terrorist incident and allows them to use all the tools in their very large and impressive toolkit which may include on anyone who turned up to protest that day?

Yes, I suppose I am. I have a bit more faith in the system than you, apparently.

That’s an interesting point though. The problem with ongoing conspiracy theories is the enormous number of people who need to be involved over the years, which is why I don’t buy many of them.

2 Likes

I have to admit, it was my first thought “how convenient for the FBI”. But then I got a look at the device.

:grinning: :grinning: :grinning: Are you kidding me! It looks like something Wile E Coyote ordered from ACME. They put a 60 minute kitchen timer on it and were claiming it could have gone off anytime the next day, well that would have been a neat trick.

Then there’s the fact given I have EE background immediately suspected the setup they chose would have been inoperable, which 16 months later it turns out was the case. Not because I’m a master bomb builder or am going to point out how one would wire such a thing, but lets, say that is not how you would do it.

Lastly if that wasn’t enough it turns out there was better footage they never released and the suspect was caught on their camera footage talking on a cell phone :grinning: Yet they couldn’t find who this person was, with all their vast resources and this had to be a top priority.

I’ll go with what it looked like, a Mickey Mouse device to unlock more security invasive investitive powers for the FBI.

The FBI has had a history of being hmm, pre-emptive. That said, and accepted, I still find the notion that the FBI in its entirety is corrupt. It’s snot.