The Overdue FBI Thread

Never? You wanna go across the board on that?

No, I said it seemed normal that they wouldn’t be publicly acknowledged (question mark). Why is that “suggestion” of interest?

I’ll
Go with the FBI’s history of undercover and assets doing a bit more than reporting the happenings of purported baddies. There are way too many fingers in some of these pies. Be nice to know who’s who.

While I agree that the FBI has plenty of bad shit that it’s doing, the general public knowing who’s an undercover anything fully defeats the purpose of the FBI. Releasing information about orders given or intel gathered on civilians that “had not done anything wrong” is reasonable, as people deserve to know they’re being watched when they’re pretty sure there’s no reason to be. But knowing the identities of informants? Defeats the purpose of informants.

1 Like

The House Judiciary Committee wants to know. I kind of think this is what checks and balances is all about. I don’t personally need to know who the snitches are, but those elected officials? Yeah, they should know. That’s how it’s supposed to work, isn’t it?

I mean, sure. I’d like to know all sorts of stuff. But I kind of understand a FBI boss reminding agents that confidential informant should be kept, you know, confidential. That’s kind of the deal.

the article says the confidential informant should not be publicly acknowledged, not that it should be kept from the house judiciary.

Good interview with Rep. Mike Johnson (LA).

2 Likes

Hussain was in the news again after one of his limo company’s limousines crashed in upstate New York, killing 20 people in 2018.

That was bad. So bad.

Yeah, after 9-11 the FBI was looking to bust perpetrators of international radical Muslim terrorist conspiracies, which basically didn’t exist in America, any more than WMDs did in Iraq, but the Bush administration was desperate
to find them in order to keep the red alerts and panic going, so the FBI essentially created a whole set of conspiracies, knowing that Republicans, Democrats, and the media were eager for the stories, and only small leftist sources like Mother Jones and civil-liberty organisations like the ACLU gave a crap about the truth.

2 Likes

not much information there. Who are the kids, where are they, where are they from? Migrants?

Good news still. But…

FBI, CDC shredded for ‘dropping the ball’ on secret Chinese lab found in US: ‘Reads like a movie script’ (msn.com)

jesus christ

“It reads like a movie script and a horror movie script, when you detail all of those things that were missed,” Rep. Ashley Hinson, a Republican from Iowa, said Sunday on “FOX & Friends Weekend.”

Jia Bei Zhu, 62, who was behind the lab, was reportedly a Chinese citizen and a wanted fugitive from Canada.

“We want to know how he was able to obtain these pathogens. How is he able to get away with running a lab, getting millions of dollars sent to him from the Chinese Communist Party and then obviously coming into our country stealing American intellectual property?” she continued.

Charles McGonigal: Ex-FBI counterintelligence chief sentenced to over four years in prison for work with Russian oligarch | CNN Politics :doh: