The peak woke thread (Part 1)

Stopping publication is one thing, but refusing to allow existing copies to be sold? Are people losing their minds?

It isn’t. The owners of the copyright made a decision; the owners of Ebay made their own decision. Anybody that wants to can put the books up for sale- they just don’t have a right to demand a private company assist them.

1 Like

Of course they don’t have a right. Nevertheless, eBay need to apply a bit of common sense and consistency if they want to maintain their customer base.

1 Like

“Sorry Bob you drew the short straw, you’ll have to transition if you want to stay on the board”

For context:

Back in the 60s if you claimed you loved the D, you’d be excused from being a bullet magnet. In 2021, if say you love the D, you get the corner office. Times they are a changin’.

Which would mean that a private company can refuse someone a service if such a service is available elsewhere.

yup

5 Likes

Inkedbf1ee34808cd5900dee565765eafd1321b94d901_LI

1 Like

I’ve posted this video already but it bears repeating!

1 Like

The agenda continues:

1 Like

Seems like an interesting document. Did you consider the statments on it? Which of these statements do you take issue with exactly?

What, you’ve never heard of Peggy McIntosh?

Is your name @cake? If not, you’ve interrupted. I was talking to Cake. Not you.

(For the record, @Cake doing what you have failed to do over the course of weeks now, producing an actual academic text for discussion purposes. I would trust his academic credentials over yours at the moment.)

Here’s two that come to mind, since you are now speaking directly to me
https://www.academia.edu/15337458/Critical_Race_Theory_in_Education_A_Review_of_Past_Literature_and_a_Look_to_the_Future

edit: This is proof, by the way, that you are full of it

1 Like

You posted a net article you’ve already posted, not what was asked for. I’m not asking for a net article/overview of what CRT is. I asked you for academic articles you’ve read and your comments on them. You shouldn’t have a problem producing this, it shouldn’t take you 3 times.

You’ve linked to ‘White Fragility’, also the title of a best selling book that Fox talking heads criticize daily LMAO. As a Phd keeping current, you MUST know someone besides this in the CRT field. White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism - Kindle edition by DiAngelo, Robin J., Dyson, Michael Eric. Politics & Social Sciences Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

I guess I’ll suspend my disbelief you’ve actually read this for a minute. So now, give us the specific passages from the D’Angelo paper you take issue with, and explain why? What specific passages do you dislike about this paper you’ve obviously read with PhD level scrutiny?

Two journal articles from academic journals, all you have to do is look at them to see this. All you are doing is proving to anyone who looks at those articles that you don’t know what you are talking about.

Which has been given more than once, but you keep asking and saying I’m not delivering

I linked to an academic journal article by one of the authors of the book that you mentioned. Because it is relevant and you asked for academic articles. I’m giving you what you are literally asking for, but I think I should go back to addressing what you are metaphorically asking for…

This isn’t in my exact field of expertise (though I continue to run circles around you), and I don’t keep as current as when this stuff was required reading for me. As I said yesterday, our discussion over the past month has been a refresher.

If you can acknowledge the four points I’ve already addressed to my satisfaction, I’ll consider it