The peak woke thread (Part 1)

Eventually the only matching partner available to people will be themselves.

2 Likes

I suppose that explains why they often seem to be a long way up their own arses.

2 Likes

And with their level of narcissism, this will be more than enough.

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

1 Like

DiAngelo is a unique writer, being dishonest, dangerous, and moronic in magnificent quantities, probably in that order. If you’re trying, which she clearly isn’t, a good trade rule is, “If you’ve already written a book once, don’t write it again.” Nice Racism is the same book as the 2018 bestseller White Fragility , and by “the same” I don’t mean generally, but word-for-word, line-by-line, chapter-by-chapter the same, a thunderous, admirably brazen exercise in self-plagiarism.

Telling affluent white progressives they’re racists and explaining they can buy absolution for $24.95 is fishing for cash with dynamite. DiAngelo is monetizing white guilt on a grand scale, and there’s an extraordinary irony in the fact that she’s got a home-field advantage in this game over someone like, say, Ibram Kendi, because she’s more accessible to people like herself, the same phenomenon she decries.

We’ve already enjoyed this one over on the KenDiangelosim thread…

I started a thread on this particular idea a few months back. It didn’t get much traction. The UnHerd article ranges a bit more freely than I did - I was concerned mostly with the destruction of Science and Reason - but I think there’s some sensible points in there. Superstition, ritual, strongly-enforced social mores (logical or otherwise), are all historically normal. Humans can’t live without these things, and if they’re deconstructed then they will invent replacements.

1 Like

Say hello to the ‘Rainbow Dildo Butt Monkey’

1 Like

mmm, Chick fil a.

long read.

4 Likes

Damn…

3 Likes

Good share, worth the read for those of us who genuinely care about education.

1 Like

Well that’s how they want you to see it too. Less individualism means less focus on the words that got us to this point. What they think will happen next is the scary part.

What do they think will happen next?

1 Like

More Douglas Murray.

1 Like

And this

3 Likes

Join us in the middle everyone! We’re, uh, pretty ‘meh’ I guess by definition…

2 Likes