The peak woke thread (Part 1)

Adams the last few days been daring newspapers to halt his new daily scripts.

Ultimately, Adams decided to introduce a character whose one “flaw” was that he identifies as white — and that it would be unclear, both to readers and to fellow characters, whether he was serious, or whether he was simply mocking management.

“Dave” appeared this week for the first time, but was blocked by a major newspaper group, which refused to run the strip.

However, the objection to “Dave” was not that he was a racist character, but rather that he was transphobic. The comic strip itself did not mention transgender issues at all; the objection was that Dave seemed to make “identification” seem absurd.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I don’t know exactly how they’ve worded it, but it sounds close to constructive dismissal.

1 Like

I’m sure we will have the usual suspects that will deny this BS as right wing made up stuff.

against middle school student. world is fuqqed

I’m in an inner city high school, on the rougher side, and the alternative communities thrive. If those little middle school shits were mocking them for coming out, they deserve censure. The article seems to take that position, that they bullied the victim. Like it or not, some girls say they’re boys; some girls are non -binary, and some boys are all over the place. So what? One kid I know goes by a color. That’s what I call her. My co- teacher calls her they. So what. She’s a good kid.

Anyway, other than that, how’s the business in apocalypse year two ?

I’d PPV a cage match between them and the hsual suspects who are Putin’s fluffers!

You can only say it’s not going to happen so many times. Everything they said wouldn’t happen always happens.

1 Like

So what you’re saying is…

Actually I’m not sure what you’re saying, could you clarify?

The article seems to take the opposite position: that a boy refused to use the incorrect pronouns and was berated, sworn at, and bullied, so another came in to defend him. I’m sure there’s more to the story, but your takeaway doesn’t seem supported by what the article is presenting.

1 Like

The left is eating their own again?

It was triggered after they chose not to use the gender neutral pronoun for their unidentified classmate, who they instead referred to using ‘she’ and her’.

Now, it’s a British tabloid article and runs on for goddamn ever, so if there was further evidence to support your take, let’s see it. :idunno:

You still haven’t supported your position, but:

“‘She had been screaming at one of Braden’s friends to use proper pronouns, calling him a profanity, and this friend is very soft-spoken, and kind of just sunk down into his chair,’ Rabidoux explained.“

“‘Braden finally came up, defending him, saying ‘He doesn’t have to use proper pronouns, it’s his constitutional right to not use, you can’t make him say things.’’”

“as you know, the student in question has teased the boys as much if not more, including calling them numerous names and yelling at them for not using ‘they/them’ prnouns even when they were not talking to or about her”

Yes, it’s a tabloid and yes, I’m sure there’s more to the story…I just can’t see how you came to your position when the article seems to do the opposite.

Well, they chose to not call the kid what the kid wanted to be called. Simple as that. Bullying if they insisted upon their right to be assholes. That the kid’s friends yelled at the bully is beside the point.

Hope you understand my take. Not here to argue or defend my position with you. Cheers

Same story I think:

“I received a phone call from the principal over at the elementary school, forewarning me; letting me know that I was going to be receiving an email with sexual harassment allegations against my son,” Rosemary Rabidoux, one of the parents of the students being accused said.
“I immediately went into shock. I’m thinking, sexual harassment? That’s rape, that’s inappropriate touching, that’s incest” Rabidoux said.

So words can’t hurt? Is this the sticks and stones defense?

1 Like

Yep, I’m not sure I’d personally call it sexual harassment, but it’s bullying… It’s not much different than calling a Richard, ‘Dick,’ then trying to play dumb about it.

Imagine telling the ESL kids about all the new and unlimited made up pronouns :joy:

1 Like

I do it all the time, but most of them aren’t daft, so it’s an easy sell.

1 Like

We are certainly at peak woke when students can force others to deny reality and basic grammar, berate and bully them if they refuse to accept these lies, and the State will enforce this delusion by prosecuting people for not articulating these lies.

Some of the ideas in here are pretty out there. Diabetes can be the result of fat phobia stands out.

1 Like

I did, yesterday, but not with children