The peak woke thread (Part 1)

It would make for a fun lesson, but it’s impossible to use the new pronouns when speaking with any fluency.

Speak for zirself.

2 Likes

It takes practice, yet it can be done.

I’m not buying that. Try describing everything you did yesterday and replace the word and with the word fish. Are you fluent?

I have regular conversations with a Health teacher about a non-binary kid. They are a very nice kid, however talking about them makes me feel somehow, grammatically ignorant.

And it’s ok to eat fish cuz they don’t have any feelings.

1 Like

That’s just one, and you aren’t fluent because you’re thinking about the grammar.

It wasn’t the whole lesson, just a note on a slide that if they don’t know the person they are referring to, can use ‘they’. Also, can check email signatures. If they see something weird in the email signature, this is why… Adult professionals, we didnt need more than a few minutes on this

Syntax more, really, I suppose. And why would I talk about other nonbinary kids that I don’t know? :idunno:

I knew a lesbian who went weird pronouns, so i just used their name as a compromise. Then that person decided to be a guy and changed their name, so i quit the committee.

2 Likes

Any number of reasons. You could be asked to discuss the performance of the students in your class seems a likely possibility.

Sorry, what’s the “non-binary kids that I don’t know” about?

Yeah, I know another kid who is back and forth and I call “her” by “her” name mostly, or just YOU when I’m talking with “her.”

Her mostly now, as she’s dating a boy. They don’t list sex on their files anymore, so, with skinny Asian kids, it’s hard to tell, and creepy to look closely.

1 Like

They does have feelings, and Fish (your student’s name, I presume) doesn’t like it when you make fun of them just because they is non-binary.

We do. I thought I covered that. The kid is a they/them. Meh, so what?

As for the latter, I don’t discuss large unknown/generic groups of NB people with the other teacher. Why would I?

1 Like

It’s a Nirvana lyric, boomer.

1 Like

Something in the way…I got it…and went with it, groomer.

1 Like

Cut and dried, he deserved to be fired , he was too arrogant to go along with the clear instructions from the employer.

He says agendas

If there were many students in your class with many different pronouns it would not be possible to discuss them fluently in the third person.

I’m right, so I’ll call it a day.

1 Like

No, it’s very difficult, but it’s simply code. They. Them.

I struggle to believe you’re getting their special pronouns right when discussing them in the third person. I have three hundred and fifty students and it’s a challenge to remember their names.

But, OK.