The peak woke thread (Part 1)

Of course. Why wouldn’t he be?

You’re playing into exactly what I just said:

I never said every single person but if you wanted to give an example why use the spokesmen for the anti woke, those who actually have profited off their woke claims.

I’m not upset. Why not address the possibility that this is a deliberate re-branding of separate incidents to put all under one easy to remember umbrella of CRT, woke etc.?

They are on leave maybe because they have immagowith severe mental health issues.

1 Like

Yeah, they didn’t take the bag…he took the bag.

Next step towards decolonization: start taking bribes for ‘A’ grades.

Automatic Ds for cis white males.

3 Likes

I assumed she’d teach gender studies or similar, but it’s biology. Discussion classes about biology.

The other teachers provide the learning, she enables the students’ critical thinking skills to discuss that learning.

Biology is the front line.

I might start doing it. Today you’re going to discuss what my colleagues have taught you. I’ll sit back and leave you to it. And I don’t have to mark any homework.

4 Likes

Wonder what the administration will think about you decolonizing the classroom.

I wouldn’t get away with it in Taiwan. Thankfully.

In terms of that often used term critical thinking, she’s a lazy crap lecturer. It’s thinking and it’s critical.

Not sure if this may have something to do with it, but in many Western countries there’s been a chronic shortage of teachers for as long as I can remember, and there were … incentives being handed out to recruit more. Inevitably that will have resulted in completely unsuitable people being drafted in, and a blind eye being turned to their flaws during teacher training.

Dunno if this was the case in the US.

Perhaps it’s worse now than in the past. Teaching’s one of the few professions where virtually nobody gets fired for not being very good at it.

To try to justify deliberately not imparting any knowledge in class takes it to another level. Although it might be a positive that she’s not teaching anything and just running discussions about what students have learned elsewhere.

1 Like

Snarky, but funny take on the excesses of anti woke

However, a federal court judge has derailed that plan, prohibiting DeSantis from enforcing the parts of Florida’s Stop WOKE Act that bar Florida’s educators from expressing some viewpoints in university classrooms, calling the law “positively dystopian.”

In a like manner, states and communities that wish to remove monuments and memorials could ship them to DeSantis at the governor’s mansion in Tallahassee, where they will be welcomed and treated with respect as were the refugees on Martha’s Vineyard.

People who do this at the collegiate level are either nurts or full of shit. Since when did parents send their kids to college to become equal to all the other kids? Mine is there to excel, not be treated, and graded equally. This whole equity of outcome can only be had like this however, by cheating. Mastering the material in class must be iffy if she’s giving out As. Maybe the kids are graded for being where they are on their path, ffs.

There’s no link in the article, so I can’t tell on what basis the judge made that ruling, but I was under the impression schools were already constrained by Federal law from introducing fringe, cult-like ideas to children, and that school was supposed to be reasonably fact-based and ideology-free (to the extent that such a thing is possible). For example I doubt a teacher would evade censure if he tried to preach Scientology in the classroom or introduce kids to the rudiments of Voodoo. I don’t see how “woke” can’t be kept out of the classroom simply on the basis that it’s a counterfactual quasi-religion that has no relevance to a kid trying to graduate and get on with life. How is a kid supposed to pass biology when his teacher is telling him there are 8,417 genders, and the textbook says there are two?

Reposting here to move out of temp

As I said in Temp:

That’s about regulating instruction in universities. Most of the laws in question don’t impact on that and even specifically exclude it. I don’t agree with that law, by the way. I’m interested in childhood education and compelled speech situations.

Understand your point and hopefully you understand mine.

As I said previously, your concerns are covered by federal law and there is no purpose for new legislation. The risk of new legislation limiting speech is greater than the problem they are trying to correct. Clearly that has happened in this case.