The peak woke thread (Part 1)

He was odd with Monty Python and their lovely silly films. Fawlty Towers more “oddity” if you insist. I am happy he is sticking up for his scripts and not bowing down to the mob mentality.

1 Like

At this point there is no mob mentality to bow down to.

Well, exactly. Odd is what he does. It’s what he is. Sure he’s turning into an irascible old man, but don’t we all? Somebody needs to tell the young kids they’re being insufferable little turds.

Yeah, I suspect the people yelling about blasphemy hadn’t even watched it. Cleese actually gave a quite eloquent answer to the accusation (it’s still on YouTube, I think) and IMO he wasn’t just being weaselly. There was undoubtedly some mockery of organised religion, but that’s OK.

He asked a small group of actors whether the Loretta bit should be removed. I can see some positives about this.

1. He’s protecting them from the obvious backlash. They said no, he pushed it. The focus of blame is on him.
  2. He’s generating publicity.

At this point, as far as I am aware, there has not been a mob reaction to something written in 1979. He’s creating it.

It’s a bit hard to tell precisely how it panned out. Rereading the article I can see there’s enough ambiguity to make this a valid interpretation - it’s not entirely clear who is protesting, or how it turned into a discussion with the actors.

I don’t think he’s suggesting there’s a ‘mob reaction’, for the simple reason that the play hasn’t been produced yet so nobody has seen it. What I suspect is going on is that a combination of woke luvvies and hard-headed beancounters are getting a bit worried about it, for different reasons.

A small group of actors are only ‘protesting’ because he asked them a question. I’m sure there will be protests when it hits Broadway, but at this point in time he’s preempting them for some reason.

The first sentence suggests that he was doing a straw poll of the actors to gauge the mood, following some grumbling from unspecified quarters. But yeah, it’s a bit odd asking them if he doesn’t care.

1 Like

:nauseated_face:

1 Like

Is this a sPOOf?

I wondered too, and no, it’s real.

Corporate Equality Index brownie points again:

1 Like

If anyone wasted 2min of their life reading it like me, the article doesn’t even make sense.

The main issue seems to be it smells like shit when you go down on a trans person that chopped of their penis to make a hole. So why would it be women that should smell their shits to get use to the smell? Unless they’re talking to women who go down on trans people.

LOL that has to be a spoof. A lego character with blue hair with what looks like a rainbow dick picture on his shirt?

The new ultimate humiliation?

3 Likes

I wasn’t aware the actors were refusing to do it.

Well now you are :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No, he didn’t. Listen to the video I posted

Same bullshit going on in the States. Glad he included the botched exit of Afghanistan.