The peak woke thread (Part 1)

‘When Tough Guys Dance: Representations of Masculinity and Male Assertions of Power in Indian Performance Traditions’

Sounds like a real page-turner!

3 Likes

It just gets better and better doesn’t it. WTF is “creative nonfiction”? Is that what they used to call “News”?

Good question. I just hope it buts up against and shares some features with non-creative fiction. Otherwise I’m thinking 2020 strikes again. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

“some crap I made up”

3 Likes

According to wiki creative non-fiction is non-fiction written in an entertaining style. Unfortunately, there are many examples of creative non-fiction where the author did just make some crap up. This happens most often with autobiographies.

I’m not surprised it’s popular with woke academics. It follows from that relativism no absolute truths theory which enables people to make crap up.

2 Likes

Name that book, or add it to the political books thread. Sounds, uhm…timely.

Historical narrative non-fiction?

“Wealth, Poverty and Politics”. I’m enjoying it because he basically says all the stuff I get mocked for here on forumosa by the social-justice types.

Although in theory it shouldn’t matter, it’s worth pointing out (for those who don’t know) that Sowell is black, and got to where he is today by a combination of innate talent, family ambition and solidarity, and sheer hard work. He has no time for identity politics, “black lives matter”, or other manifestations of victim ideology. A central point in his book is that many nations and peoples can legitimately claim to be victims, but don’t: they just get on with the serious business of being successful, and thereby engender resentment from people who are lazy and stupid.

2 Likes

3 Likes
2 Likes

Jacobin is a bit of a joke on the Left. It’s generally considered to be as dumb as Breitbart is on the Right.

Not too long ago I saw a post about a Tweet that got a shit ton of likes and retweets from liberals. The tweet was about how white parents shouldn’t adopt black and brown kids. It was made a prominent KKK member.

Horseshoe theory in action.

2 Likes

The racial separatist axis. Haters of halfie babies. Or just plain haters.

They had one job.

Interesting how they use a ‘gender stereotype’ here:

UN Women
@UN_Women
· Oct 4
Man up.
Boys don’t cry.
Boys will be boys.

Gender stereotypes and toxic masculinity are harmful to women and girls, as well as to men and boys.

Support expressions of masculinity that involve vulnerability, sensitivity, caretaking and other traditionally non-masculine traits.

2 Likes

Here’s some more delicious sexism:

I can think of another possible explanation, but it’s just as problematic as this one.

Stupidity knows no gender.

It’s all about the benjamins.

1 Like

A classic example of white privilege:

Even after 2500 years after death they are afforded no respect from horrid white people.

4 Likes

I’m sure a healthy amount of mansplaining and manspreading was involved too.

3 Likes