The peak woke thread (Part 1)

Arabs are now white apparently

1 Like

I’m pretty sure you could find a couple of lunatics on Twitter claiming white privilege etc. about my breakfast, if I posted it there.

1 Like

That’s a fair point, but it still was funny.

Ban anything linked to Twitter?

No, it’s still funny :slight_smile: Not newsworthy though IMO

Arabs, like latinos, are schrodingers people of color. Do something bad, they’re white. Do something good or are victims, they’re brown.

4 Likes

I think it is. Obviously the Twittarati are what they are - but their views still count for something. My view is the removal of a sarcophagus lid in this way is wrong. OK, Howard Carter was a complete dick in this respect, but if I were to complain about some brown skinned people continuing to be dicks a hundred years later I doubt it would go down well.

Anyway, some Egyptian archaeologists have shown themselves to be ignorant dicks when treating a newly discovered sarcophagus.

1 Like

There’s a effort from some black people of the Afrocentric crowd that believes and want to push the idea that the ancient Egyptians were black.

There’s also the Eurocentric view of ancient Egyptians being from Europe.

And Egyptians sometimes believe the ancient Egyptians are the same people as them.

It would seem all of them are mostly wrong and maybe only partly right. They definitely weren’t black or white. Egypt was a long lasting empire made up of many people Conquering it.

2 Likes

Agreed. Archaeologists being media whores with scant regard to their finds remains a constant.

did they not forget about the mummy’s curse? what amateurs.

The Quran and Hadiths says Muhammad was a white Arab. Louis Farrakhan mentions this a lot, that he was a white man.

So I guess some of them are white?

1 Like

Just an accusation is enough.
Leftists and their tribe of goons on Twatter will love that

1 Like

Hopefully nobody actually gives a shit what a grossly-obese woman thinks about eating. OTOH it’s a very common message these days that people (including kids) should just accept obesity as normal and not attempt to do anything about it.

I’m pretty sure this boils down to dieticians - who are no longer able to conceal the fact that their stupid theories and weight-loss recommendations don’t actually align with empirical observations - attempting to cover their well-rounded asses. So you’ve followed all the healthy-eating guidelines, but you’re still fat? Nothing wrong with the advice: it’s just you and your genetics. Ergo, nothing you can do, and if you even try, you’ll be inflicting psychological damage on yourself.

Back to woke Yelp:

It’s crazy…how could no one have predicted that this would happen?

2 Likes

I suspect we can file this under go woke go broke for Yelp. I have a feeling they may soon gain valuable, if costly, experience as defendants in future civil suits.

1 Like

Ward distinguishes straightness as a practice from straight culture, which is the very heart of society’s most disgraceful failures. It is not, as one popular joke goes, that straight people are “not OK.” It is that heteronormativity creates a powerful, privileged form of sexuality against which, historically and currently, all other forms are compared. In examining the pressure to partner with the opposite gender we find the extortions of capitalism, the misogyny of violence against women, the racist and xenophobic erasure of nonwhite families, and the homophobic hatreds that pervade so much of everyday life.

2 Likes

The asexual writing about desire and sex sounds like a confusing read. It’s ruined my “Sex, sex, sex. It’s all asexuals never think about” gag.

Asexuality is a sexual orientation? How does that work? Vegetarianism is a carnivorous orientation?

1 Like