The peak woke thread (Part 1)

Ah well. Hopefully doctors are trained enough to figure it out from a quick visual inspection.

You are so genitalist. Consider yourself cancelled!

Guys will still find way to argue “yeah but in that episode of House, there was that girl who had invisible balls!”

2 Likes
2 Likes

For those that value freedom of speech:

‘I have a nightmare that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will be judged by the color of their skin not by the content of their character.’

4 Likes

Oh, I’m an unrepentant nazi with terrible moral failings, I am. I just assume I’m cancelled by default.

1 Like
1 Like

I never saw Ming as being “East Asian”. Never occurred to me. Still doesn’t.
What about the Hulk?

To the generation that grew up watching Flash Gordon, Max von Sydow as Ming the Merciless was one of the great screen villains.

He was also a “discriminatory stereotype”, according to the British Board of Film Classification. The censor has added the warning to its rating for Flash Gordon, saying the casting of a white actor in the role could be considered “dubious if not outright offensive”.

Ming hailed from the Planet Mongo but, the BBFC said, was clearly of East Asian origin.

The organisation will conduct research in the New Year to establish if other old films contain racial stereotypes that need to be caveated for modern audiences.

Ah., a paraphrase of the one sentence of Martin Luther King that conservatives have read and taken out of context (I guess we’re not allowed to call him “Dr.” now because he hasn’t delivered a baby, though apparently Dr. Kissinger and Dr. Gorka have- who knew? Or is it still okay to call them “Dr.” because they have pee-pees?)

LOL. A Swedish actor, playing a character from a fictional planet, is actually East Asian. And that’s offensive not because the character draws upon stereotypes of historical East Asian tyrants, but because the character isn’t played by an East Asian.

Can these people not be shipped off to reeducation camps where they’re indoctrinated with the writings of Aristotle, Boole, and Russell?

I suspect the whole point of all this is to open up new jobs in the newly created Ministry of Truth, so that people with liberal arts degrees don’t have to work in Pizza Hut.

5 Likes
1 Like

Exhibit A:

“The Diversity Council will also create heterogeneous student groups to help foster broader discussions about race, diversity and inclusion. Diversity Council will partner with our current student groups, F.I.R.E., Peer Helpers and the newly formed Stevenson Clubs for Change, to establish opportunities for student-led courageous conversations, student professional development and student-administrator forums providing student input around equity and inclusion into the daily culture of Stevenson.”

Exhibit B:

“That chain reaction was accelerated by “working groups” of ideologues sent to administer schools. Under their tenure, schools became centers of activism rather than learning. Students were encouraged to create big-character posters exposing their own teachers, officials, and even parents. The accused were humiliated in daily “struggle sessions” in which their students and colleagues interrogated them and demanded confessions. The viciousness of these sessions rapidly intensified.”

2 Likes

Exhibit C:

“A new protocol for reporting incidents of race-based offensive behavior.
In our conversations, students and parents have indicated that it can be intimidating and stressful to report incidents of racial bias or discriminiation to school faculty, staff and administrators. In an effort to remove any barriers from this process and ensure students feel safe in coming forward, we have redesigned the process for reporting and investigating incidents of racial bias, discrimination and hate speech.
When a student or parent wants to report racially motivated harassment or hate speech, they will be able to do so in one of two ways: they can speak directly to any adult they trust in the building or they can use our new online reporting system. The online reporting system will be available on our website and will be reviewed with freshmen during social worker visits to Advisory. We will post QR codes around the building on our safety posters to allow students easy access from their iPad. Students will also be able create these reports anonymously if they prefer.”

Sounds like an online reporting system. :man_shrugging:

In most educational institutions you already aren’t allowed to know who made a complaint about you, so I suppose anonymity was the inevitable next step.

“A complaint has been made against you. Nobody knows who made the complaint, but it has been made and we’re acting on it.”

What could possibly go wrong?

1 Like

I’m sure a declining education fund allocation can handle it. Lawyers don’t cost much, right?

Yeesh. Good luck uniting the country around that idea.

Meh, there’s been a religious nut job in the position for the past 4 years who didn’t accomplish much of anything. Having a different one, with a different religion, can’t be any worse. I’ll wait to see his federal policies before passing judgement on this one…