The peak woke thread (Part 1)

LOL. What a complete turnip that guy is. “We’re going to borrow shitloads of money from you so that you can all set your noses to the grindstone in order to pay back the shitloads of money we’ve borrowed from you”.

I notice his profile pic features one of those cloth masks that have been conclusively shown to be completely useless.

What happened to the groping allegation against Trudeau? Did it just quietly go away?

Damn, even viruses are misogynists now.

I had to google that. Everyone seems to be very coy about exactly what happened, so I’m guessing it was something inappropriate but not scarred-for-life serious.

Trudeau is a muppet, but somehow I just can’t imagine him being overwhelmed by masculine urges :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, yes, except for the fact that he is right- this pandemic, unlike previous recessions from differing causes, has hit women harder. Sorry for introducing facts into your discussion- carry on.

This is an example of what I find to be such a strange way of thinking. Presumably previous recessions were therefore hecessions and stimulus plans should have been targeted at men.

What happened to the concept that lower income people (of all genders and other identities) suffered most in recessions, and helping all of them was best? That’s also a fact, more historically verifiable than women are suffering more now (although I agree that on balance they are). How has this idea of only focusing help on certain social identity groups become the norm? I really don’t get it. Does the Queen need more financial aid because she’s a woman?

What about a male single parent who wants to get back to work, or a young man starting his career? Why can’t he just say ‘person’?

I suppose he’s still getting hands on with women.

2 Likes

Hush up and let the man pander.

1 Like

That whole twitter thread is a shitshow. Basically mocking someone who clearly has mental health issues.

Imagine, he’s struggled with his disabilty for years, got a job, then has a mental breakdown and then gets mocked by thousands of people for it.

No doubt those same people will signal their virtue and share a feel good vid about a downs syndrone kid working as a cashier or something.

I can’t stand people. And social media has turned even more people into tossers.

2 Likes

Trudeau: Lets empower women

Also Trudeau: Has a hissy fit when Taiwans female president is given an award

Fear of these kinds of situations is a big part of why I’ve always been so anxious to get a job. Not the getting recorded and plastered on the internet, but something going wrong and assholes having a go at you for it.
God; I was once running the a/v for a funeral. Went in tested it all out the day prior. Come in an hour before the funeral starts and someone’s taken the fucking sound cable. Shitting myself, trying to find a solution while I know there’s nothing I can do, while the dead bloke’s children are chucking a fit and having goes at me. Somewhat understandable given it’s a funeral but what can I do? Nearly ran off and hid in a cupboard or something.
By luck the celebrant realised he had one in his car right before the service.

It’s simply a fact that women have suffered most in this covid-inspired recession.

When children across the globe were forced to learn remotely, moms — whether employed or unemployed — spent more time helping their children learn, according to the research.
That has constrained women’s ability to work more than men, they found. Indeed among American women with children, the drop in employment was five percentage points higher than men two months into the recession.
On top of this, female-dominated industries such as hospitality, food and tourism were all among the hardest hit during the pandemic — resulting in the highest share of layoffs and furloughs.
Another notable finding is the central role of telecommuting.
Much of the “gender gaps in the employment impact of the pandemic arise almost entirely among workers who are unable to work from home,” the researchers wrote.
As it turns out, a greater share of men across the 28 countries the researchers analyzed have jobs that can be done remotely compared to women.
That has [constrained women’s ability to work more than men]

Biggus Dickus

This is an example of what I find to be such a strange way of thinking. Presumably previous recessions were therefore hecessions and stimulus plans should have been targeted at men

They were, and they were. Past recessions very clearly affected men worse. This was noted at the time.

Men lost far more jobs than women did in the Great Recession—over 6.0 million jobs, or 8.5 percent of their total December 2007 employment, compared to women who lost 2.7 million jobs, or 3.5 percent.
Job Growth in the Great Recession Has Not Been Equal Between Men and Women | Economic Policy Institute

Between the fourth quarter of 2007, when the current recession began, and the first quarter of 2009, men bore 78 percent of the job losses. Over the same period, the unemployment rate for men rose from 4.9 percent to 8.9 percent, while the rate for women rose by only half as much, from 4.7 percent to 7.2 percent.
The ''Man-Cession'' of 2008-2009: Big but not Unusual | St. Louis Fed

Stimulus was directed at the areas of most job loss, which were held by men. Stimulus should now be directed at the areas which suffered most loss during is recession, which disparately affected women.
If you are a mother or father who is the primary caretaker of your children working as a server in the restaurant business, you should benefit from a proportionately bigger boost than if you are a childless banker, man or woman, working from home on your computer. The money should go to those hardest hit, man or woman. It just happens that those hit hardest are mostly women- but the tendency is to look at people like yourself and judge general conditions from that.
As the saying goes, a contraction is when my neighbor loses his job, a recession is when my brother loses his job, and a depression is when I lose my job.

1 Like

I’m not sure how you measure suffering, or why it’s important that we indulge in a Four Yorkshiremen debate over who suffered more than whom.

The money being handed out is being taken from future taxes. If you decide arbitrarily that some demographic on the average has suffered more than some other demographic, then in individual instances you’re going to end up taking money from people who really went through hell, and giving it to people who didn’t do too badly.

The last time governments caused this much misery, people hauled them out and hanged them from the lampposts. They didn’t grovel and hold out their begging bowls. I’m not suggesting that as an enlightened solution, but at least people were clear-headed about where the problem lay.

1 Like

“Now that the group I belong to has received extra benefits, I strongly (and high-mindedly) object to anyone else getting the same deal.”

1 Like

Not sure what your point is. I personally haven’t received any extra benefits, apart from a small percentage of the eye-watering amount of money that I’ve given to the British government for the last 20 years … which it has in fact wasted on stupid things, so the money I am being paid is taken from my future contributions.

The UK government is at least handing out those “benefits” without prejudice.

Pronouns for fish:

2 Likes

Looks like the swampy cult has started to demonize having pets (procreation is already a sin):

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: From peak woke thread

Perhaps this goes beyond peak woke. A brainwashed goon:

The same thought that occurred to me:

If this is actually real, I hope his students laughed him out of the room.

2 Likes
1 Like