The peak woke thread (Part 1)

Dunno if this is peak woke. But what is it with all the “This thing Explained” articles recently?

I’m more concerned that he thinks or joked anyway for effect, that Trump colluded with Russia to steal the 2016 election.

Why are you concerned?

I don’t like lies.

How about irony, sarcasm, humor, innuendo? Better not watch any comedy.

I believe I referred to it possibly being a joke, like right there in my post. So, enjoy my derision.

I mean, you post the article without comment. So, comment.

What do you want me to comment on? The article speaks for itself. Everybody can have their own opinion about what Dave Chappelle said, or what the article says.

You can get a clue to what I am thinking from the fact that I am posting the article in this thread.

I will entertain questions to comment from people that invite me to polite discussion.

I will continue to deride you then.
Let’s start with your VERY OWN words:

I agree. I do not feel quite derided yet. Perhaps try harder?

It’ll come when your balls drop.

And on that note, I’mma head out to an estate sale.

1 Like

Lamest, derision, ever. Also, keep it within bounds :wink:

2 Likes

Listen, my bad. Have a great night Batguy.

2 Likes

At least the FIFA officials were being bribed to say this kind of nonsense. What’s NBC’s excuse?

Equity of outcome?

The England squad are going to the take against racism, slavery and inequality whilst playing in and supporting a tournament built on the back of racism, slavery and inequality.

Is there any woke people who don’t become raging hypocrites as soon as money is wafted under their nose?

1 Like

No

It’s not just them saying it, it’s a fair point, and a measured opinion in this case. It’s a global game, and there’s never been a WC played in Afro-Asia anywhere between Japan-Korea and South Africa. Some good points here too.

isnt that because the host country has to invest heavily in infrastructure? Besides the ME who in between SA and J/K can afford it?

Exactly. It’s a short list at best. The presumption is that FIFA would want to have play in areas of the world where it is popular.