The peak woke thread (Part 1)

“what do you think I knocked him out for?”

Obv. a joke, geebus. That being said, I’m going back to not watching Vice including its sidesplitting jokes and/or caring about celebrities even if they knock each other out, though.

1 Like

No, “fake news” means intentionally false or misleading information presented as “news”. It can be used to propagandize. Or at least that’s what it meant back when facts actually mattered more than “owning the libs”.

Daniel Baryon
@apeirophobic

Right wing memes are short and sweet because they ask you to appeal to kneejerk assumptions which have already been deeply coded into your mind by social propaganda. By contrast, leftist memes are tasked with breaking your social brainwashing, which requires complexity and nuance

2 Likes

Judging from the pictures in the ‘funny political pictures’ thread, leftists don’t really understand what ‘meme’ means.

1 Like

So it’s better to be an animal? Assume the position.

Walls of text do not a good meme make, I agree. The left sucks at memes.

Is it because they appear to be miserable bastards who seem to take everything seriously?

Yes. Anyone with an iota of empathy or moral character does tend to take the mistreatment and harm of others pretty seriously. I don’t expect you to understand that.

virtue signalling
vir·tue sig·nal·ing

noun

• the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one’s good character or the moral correctness of one’s position on a particular issue.
4 Likes

ˈvɝ.ʧ͡u ˈsɪg.nɛl.ɪŋ
fixed that for you

imagine believing having moral integrity is a sign of weakness. lol.

Imagine a wolf in sheep’s clothing.

3 Likes

imagine a mind poisoned with conspiratorial thinking

it’s not hard to do, there appear to be quite a few in this very thread spoo0o0ooky.

A post was split to a new topic: From the peak woke thread

Here’s real knee-slapper for righties: More than 3,000 deaths in the US today.

1 Like
1 Like

move over pearl harbor, hit the road 9/11, 3000 dead per day is the new show in town.
righties love dead americans. they love worshiping them, they love “remembering” them.
thoughts and prayers and all that.

1 Like

What on earth does this have to do with the price of fish in China?

Exactly how are righties, or lefties, supposed to do anything about Americans dying of COVID-19? How is being more-caring-than-thou going to fix it?

Americans made their choices early on in the crisis. They decided, en masse, that their freedom to not wear a mask (and to remain dangerously fat and ill) was more important than staying alive. And by and large they were allowed to carry on regardless by the authorities. So they’re dying. Sad as it is, that’s known as “democracy”. The freedom to chose one’s mode of death, of course, is generally taken out of one’s hands in ultra-left-wing societies; lead poisoning is a perennial favourite.

4 Likes

He’s probably operating under the assumption that virtue signaling provides at least partial protection from the virus.

OK. Let’s do this. We’ll start with an observation:

https://www.uspharmacist.com/article/metabolic-syndrome-significantly-increases-covid19-mortality-risk

Researchers point out that metabolic syndrome was significantly associated with mortality (adjusted odds ratio [aOR] 3.42 [95% CI, 1.52-7.69]); admission to the intensive care unit (ICU) (aOR 4.59 [CI, 2.53-8.32]); invasive mechanical ventilation (IMV) (aOR 4.71 [CI, 2.50-8.87]), and acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) (aOR 4.70 [CI, 2.25-9.82]) compared with patients who did not have MetS.

Now, here’s exhibit A: some right-wing bastard having a go at (ie., telling the truth to) people with metabolic syndrome.

And exhibit B: one of many, many articles full of woke buzzwords, explaining that we shouldn’t judge fat people because being fat has nothing to do with the buckets of Oreos they eat instead of proper meals, ie., lying:

There’s also Exhibit C, a right-wing doctor (who frequently attracts the ire of the left - his Wikipedia entry describes him as a “conspiracy theorist author and cholesterol denialist”). He spends a lot of time blogging about why metabolic syndrome happens and the (very simple) solutions available to us:

Since he’s a nasty, immoral man, he undoubtedly does this in the hope that more fat people die.

So, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, on the Left hand, you’ve got the kind and caring types, telling fat people it’s OK to be fat and that skinny people are privileged oppressors anyway; and on the Right hand you’ve got nazis telling fat people that they’re likely to die if they don’t sort themselves out.

Which of those positions is going to make COVID-19 deaths worse?

I am no fan of Gavin McInnes - I think he’s a bit of a dick - but I bet he didn’t know how tragically correct he was going to be when he made that video.

Go ahead. Let’s see your pretzel logic explain how the lefties are, in fact, helping Americans survive COVID-19, and it’s all because of righties that they’re dying.

1 Like

oh boy, look at you go. yeah it’s okay to be fat, why would i care about someone else’s body if it isn’t harming others? you’re saying right wing folk are heroes for fat-shaming? because if you’re fat you’re more likely to have health problems in general? yeah, i’m the one with pretzel logic.

You want to talk healthcare? Or just throw around bs? Saying people shouldn’t feel bad about their body equals more covid deaths is so ridiculous I’m not sure how to address it.
what a take.