The peak woke thread (Part 1)

It’s not surprising as a large chunk of Star Trek fans are into this sort of thing. You don’t piss off your own customers.

The producers couldn’t give a toss about trying to make gender non-binary “‘normal’”, but they know how to make money.

1 Like

This sort of thing really pisses me off - doubly so in COVID-19 times, when people with metabolic syndrome are the ones who are dying. It’s not just cynical moneymaking anymore. It’s criminal.

1 Like

I somehow doubt they would put an anorexic on the cover with the tagline “This is healthy”. Although they have put anorexics on their covers many times in the past.

A double whammy for the marketing department. They get to feel righteous at the same time as generating loads of clickbait.

EDIT: complete misuse of “double whammy” there. Nice one, Dickus.

1 Like

Here, have another. :grin:

2 Likes

Are these for real? I’m seriously going to send off a strongly-worded missive to the editor. This sort of shit needs to stop.

EDIT: good grief. I just googled it. It’s real. These guys are really plumbing the depths of cynical manipulation in search of a profit.

Absolutely. But to be fair, those two are the worst of the 11 women profiled.

They’ve been doing this for years. Why once they had a black woman and a white man kiss! I can see why some people would be angry at them.

3 Likes

They were both in a trance, weren’t they?

1 Like
2 Likes

3 Likes

I just checked and Kirk kissed 19 women and alien females during the series. That was not one of them.

1 Like

I saw that, but I thought “enough wokeness for one day.” Apparently not.

1 Like

Yep, but studio bigwigs still freaked out and attempted to censor it, because they thought it would get objections in the South.

NBC finally ordered that two versions of the scene be shot—one in which Kirk and Uhura kissed and one in which they did not.[11] Having successfully recorded the former version of the scene, Shatner and Nichelle Nichols deliberately flubbed every take of the latter version, thus forcing the episode to go out with the kiss intact.[12][13]
As Nichelle Nichols writes:[14]

" Knowing that Gene was determined to air the real kiss, Bill shook me and hissed menacingly in his best ham-fisted Kirkian staccato delivery, “I! WON’T! KISS! YOU! I! WON’T! KISS! YOU!”

When the non-kissing scene came on, everyone in the room cracked up. The last shot, which looked okay on the set, actually had Bill wildly crossing his eyes. It was so corny and just plain bad it was unusable."

However, almost no one found the kiss offensive except from a single mildly negative letter from one white Southerner who wrote: “I am totally opposed to the mixing of the races. However, any time a red-blooded American boy like Captain Kirk gets a beautiful dame in his arms that looks like Uhura, he ain’t gonna fight it.”
-Wiki

Diverse names for storms in Germany
https://www.thelocal.de/20210106/winds-of-change-german-weather-systems-to-be-given-more-diverse-names

Reeeeeach for the Twinkie.

2 Likes

Should women piss standing up?
Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 18.21.38

3 Likes

Nah, feel free to continue sitting if that’s your bag, don’t let them take your independence away.

2 Likes

Police responded to gang related shooting on Violence-Free Alley tonight.
Now over to our reporter at the Toxic Masculinity Recycling Plant