The peak woke thread (Part 1)

That links to a post from @McNulty but it doesn’t have that quote in it, was that actually said?

1 Like

Yes. That day he called me a liar, a bigot, a racist, and a hypocrite. All in one day. That was when I decided not even an apology would do. It was a good thing I kept the quote in my response, because he edited the original.

Here’s the hypocrite one, it was in the same reply. I don’t know how easy it will be to track down examples of him calling me a liar (there have been several) and a bigot (only once) but I don’t think it is necessary. Going back to my strategic quote from an article yesterday:

#peakwoke #SJW

1 Like

Don’t feel bad. That means you won the argument.

5 Likes

In perpetuity, as far as I’m concerned

Well, at least until the next time he gets banned and sets up a new account. Then the fun can start all over again.

I’m too new to remember homersimpsun, but several people have pointed out (in PMs and publicly) that this is clearly the same poster, so next time i’ll know. still, i think we’ve had some hilarious exchanges. i was thinking of setting up a greatest hits thread but it is probably against community standards (and rightly so)

Ah, to be young and wet behind the ears again… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ah, the original was edited would explain it. Best to let the moderators handle personal insults, which in this case I certainly would have removed the post if I had noticed it, probably why it was edited.

1 Like

It’s already happened. Can’t you tell?

Isn’t the original still on file somewhere, as it were?

Homer left willingly, he wasn’t banned.

2 Likes

Seems like that might be happening. I’m curious how many people on here have second accounts. I’ve never thought about doing it, would be a waste of time and against the rules, obviously.

I’m always curious when a new poster joins and heads straight to IP.

Well said. I never understood how that’s an insult. Do people think social justice is a bad thing?

2 Likes

Perhaps it’s because you are of limited intellect and low character?

TT, I think, explained why earlier.

“Social justice” is a tautology. Justice is of course a good thing. “Social Justice” implies that there is some sort of transcendent Justice that’s even better than common-or-garden justice.

1 Like

Ah the famous Pee Wee Herman argument. Well done sir.

"I know you are, but what am I?’
Classy

Let’s broaden our scope from this TT man or woman

DEFINING SOCIAL JUSTICE
While formal definitions for social justice vary in wording, there are commonalities among them.

Equal rights
Equal opportunity
Equal treatment
With these core values in mind, we can define the phrase as such: Social justice means equal rights and equitable opportunities for all.

I will repeat myself. How is this am insult?
I like social justice. I stand for it.

2 Likes

If you have ordinary justice in place, those things tend to arise naturally, without the internal contradictions that normally accompany them if you try to make them happen via “social justice” ideas.

4 Likes

:thinking:

2 Likes

From the first paragraph:

“The story of Buffalo Public Schools is a sad and familiar one: a dying industrial town, underperforming inner-city schools, and high rates of failure among racial minorities. Instead of focusing on improving academic achievement, however, Buffalo school administrators have adopted fashionable new pedagogies: “culturally responsive teaching,” “pedagogy of liberation,” “equity-based instructional strategies,” and an “emancipatory curriculum.””

Perhaps the Buffalo school admin are adopting fashionable new pedagogies because they feel they will help academic achievement in their schools. The author here presents a misleading false choice in his opening paragraph, IMO.

1 Like

"feeling’ that something will work is not a good enough reason to continue doing it when it becomes obvious that it doesn’t work.