The People’s Republic of Australia/NZ

WTF. People being chased down by helicopters, handcuffed, and fined $1000 for being “outside their homes without a reasonable excuse?”. I bet Kim Jong Un watches videos like that with one hand down his pants.

6 Likes

Mr Jones again:

2 Likes

I would not trust those gophers in government if they told me water was wet.

CCP esque:

3 Likes

I love that graph of Sweden and the UK (although it’s unreasonable to show raw deaths rather than deaths-per-million since Sweden has only one-seventh of the population). The lockdown fanatics get massively triggered by that.

FFS. He had a disease with a 20% mortality rate and also tested positive for a virus with a 0.001% mortality rate in 15-year-olds … but he died of the latter. Lying weasels they are.

2 Likes

What is medical marital law? Getting married in a hospital?

2 Likes

Stasi down under.
The Pole seems to have looked into Common Law.
Is the Judiciary as corrupt as the rest?

Did you notice how many of the cops aren’t even wearing the masks over their noses?

Here are 20 cops attacking a disabled woman because she wasn’t wearing a mask.

I don’t understand how this happened.

All last year I was looking at Australia and proud of how they handled the pandemic, and even prouder of their media coverage of China and prior coverage of US politics. Seemed like Australia had the right idea and were in touch with reality.

Now it’s devolved to this craziness so rapidly, it’s very jarring. It’s like watching a large scale psychological experiment.

Did the government give up? Was there regime change? Can anyone provide insight as to why the sudden shift?

1 Like

No. Scotty Morrison, the incompetent Prime Minister, oversaw both the disastrous response to the 2019 bushfires that killed half a billion wildlife and rendered hundreds of thousands homeless, and the equally disastrous pandemic response. My parents who live in Sydney, are state prisoners. I haven’t seen them in 2 years. No one, except those on diplomatic business, are allowed to leave or enter the country. So my parents are in their 70s, and my mom in particular is in bad health, and I have no idea when (if?) I’ll see them again. When Morrison was asked if international travel might open again by Christmas 2022 (that’s not a typo) he demurred and said basically he didn’t want to make any promises… :man_facepalming:

Silencing the independent media now:

3 Likes

"The Richardson review concluded that this bill enables the AFP and ACIC to be ‘judge, jury and executioner.’

“In effect, this Bill would allow spy agencies to modify, copy, or delete your data with a data disruption warrant; collect intelligence on your online activities with a network activity warrant; also they can take over your social media and other online accounts and profiles with an account takeover warrant.”

1 Like

Ms Bazzani ruled that if Ms Smit was to get bail she had to abide by a 7pm curfew, abide by the Chief Health Officer’s directions and not incite anyone to breach those directions or publish anything that might incite breaches. She also had to remove any material previously published online that might incite people, not attend protests, and had to wear a mask when outdoors unless she had a medical exemption.

Solomon would sentence her to do community service in a Covid ward for one week – and let her choose whether to wear a face mask or not.

Back to your stupid experiments.

1 Like

“There is no reason, in my view, for wearing masks outside,” said Lidia Morawska, a researcher and director of the WHO-collaborating International Laboratory for Air Quality and Health.

Evidence suggests COVID-19 is transmitted far less effectively outdoors than in, with wind able to scatter infectious particles before they pass between people.

3 Likes

Talk is cheap.

Very ‘libertarian’ of you.

2 Likes

“The magistrate refused to include two conditions proposed by police: a call for Reignite Democracy Australia’s social media accounts to be deactivated, and an order which would have prohibited online discussions about lockdown measures.”

WTF. Since when did the Australian police get to invent their own laws? At least the magistrate knew the suggestion was stupid.

When people are going to jail to support democratic rights and freedoms, you know the shit has hit the fan. My guess is that she’ll be hit with an outrageous fine, refuse to pay it, and get locked up for months and/or have her property confiscated.

The security act is dystopian. It basically gives the police free rein to construct and spread propaganda, and to plant false information in legitimate debate. It’s essentially a carbon copy of China’s state-sponsored intervention in online media.

2 Likes