"The poor pity me"/ "woe is me" in Taiwan thread

My brother always buys our speckled grits in Georgia

Yum.

MM,

I don’t know what to say other than I read your post and my thoughts are with you and your wife.

bobepine

My heavens! Mucha_Man, I had no idea. Daisy and I are praying for your wife, and we truly hope everything starts to head up from here. I though the car crash was bad enough. Take good care of yourself and your wife.

[quote=“SuchAFob”]StrayDog:
I was at peekaboo all night. You didn’t say hi.[/quote]

OK, you got me. I thought from your OP that you didn’t go, so I could make you feel bad and get an even bigger kiss next time.

Oh, well. There’s always next time. Just 363 days to go! :wink:

MM, that’s really too bad.

Glad you can write about it; it looks like there’s no place left to go but up, though. :idunno:

Thinking of you and your wife MM and wishing you a good recovery.

FOB, where’s Peekaboos? And what is it? I never heard of it before. And I think I have a packet of those cheese grits you were talking about – got 'em in a care package from Alien but haven’t ate them yet because nothing I’ve ever read about grits leads me to believe they’re edible. They’re yours if I can find them.

[quote=“sandman”]Thinking of you and your wife MM and wishing you a good recovery.

FOB, where’s Peekaboos? And what is it? I never heard of it before. And I think I have a packet of those cheese grits you were talking about – got 'em in a care package from Alien but haven’t ate them yet because nothing I’ve ever read about grits leads me to believe they’re edible. They’re yours if I can find them.[/quote]

White paper flakes…add brown sugar or shredded pork, lots

better yet, just eat the pork and sugar

grits :raspberry:

Well, my whinefest has been upgraded. Upgraded to the level that I don’t even want to tell everyone why.

so suchafob,

poor you, but did you call your twin brother on his birthday? i assume you were born on the same day??!!

maybe he’s saying the same thing about you: my twin sister didn’t even call me, boo hoo.

jm

[quote=“Muzha Man”]Well dear, on my birthday in January my wife and I had a car accident. We were hit from behind and the car was totalled. The damage is too great so the insurance company refuses to pay for it. My neck was thrown out of alignment and I have to see a chiropractor three times a week and do exercises for an hour every night and half hour every morning. It wasn’t bothering me so much for the first few weeks but I have headaces almost every day now.

Because of the chiro visits I have had in the past month food poisoning (from a restaurant near his office - an area of town I never go to otherwise) and then bronchitis (which I caught from my chiro). Because of the bronchitis, bad back and neck, and lack of exercise I have been in a foul food for the past month and got into an argument with my manager. As he is a thin-skinned little prick he took it personally and forced me to leave. I really loved the people I was working with (the manager I almost never dealt with) and enjoyed my work. I managed to get transfered to another office before the prick could fire me, so I at least have work, though it is tedious and I really don’t know how long I can stand to do it.

On Wednesday my cats broke an old ceramic Irish whiskey jug I have had since a child and brought to Taiwan because it reminds me of my home and my father and our Irish heritage. Then yesterday my wife told me that she very likely has overian cysts.

Oh, and she’s not talking to me right now. :unamused:

I think I beat you and bob on the poor me scale, though I know it still hurts not to get any phone calls on your birthday and to have to deal with superstitious nonsense. If my my misery makes you both feel better this post was not in vain. :wink:[/quote]

You’ll both look back on this in six months and laugh, but it sure sucks to be going though it right now.

Tell P**** hi, and hope the cysts turn out to be benign. As for yourself? Rest, recreate and heal.

Hope it all turns around soon.

Well, I have wonderful news. The cysts are eggs. Yes, eggs. It appears my wife produces a lot of them and the first doctor she saw should have told her right away during the ultrasound what they were. Instead she said nothing and the second doctor she saw, not being a gyneacologist, was concerned about the lumps and suggested she see another doctor to find out what they were. The third doctor, which she saw yesterday, recognized them right away for eggs.

The sheer levity we both felt on discovery seems to have lifted the doom and gloom feeling of being under a curse. A corner has been turned. Thanks all for your support and concern.

Hey scomargo, tell your wife that P has a good potential for twins, too, according to the results.

I just found out my last grandparent alive had a heart attack today…I love living overseas, but it sure sucks when a family member gets sick or has problems…I hope she pulls through…she is the only person I know who can make Roast Beef and Yorkshire puddings the way I like them.

Sorry to hear this Chewie. I hope she has a full and speedy recovery and is up to cooking again in no time.