The Post-Pelosi Chinese Aggression Thread

You forgot

Trade concessions

Food transfers

Freedom of movement through nautical choke points

1 Like

Graham rebuked the White House for trying to stymie the bill.

“It’s a miscalculation of how to keep the world in order. At every turn they take the weakest path,” Graham said. “If you put this on the floor of the Senate it would pass overwhelmingly.”

Turns out btw that the designation as a major non-NATO ally isn’t as big as it seems, because Taiwan has had same-as treatment since 2003

1 Like

And how about that war in Ukraine eh.

Real wars are fought with boots on the ground in the end. If wars are really fought they way you think it is, Taiwan is finished. The Chinese can build an infinite number of drones. They certainly have the factories.

2 Likes

This was a very good interview. I had never heard Hsiao Bi-Khim speak before. She is a very talented diplomat. Well worth watching.

Here’s another link to the main web site:

5 Likes

:+1:

Guy

4 Likes

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Taiwan’s Energy “Security” (dependency)

:man_facepalming:

So…many…things…wrong.

Full video.

3 Likes

I always thought Pink Floyd was way overrated. While we’re getting the opinions of celebrities who haven’t done their reading, what does Kim Kardashian think?

5 Likes

Somebody should ask her. :slightly_smiling_face:

No, they shouldn’t. That was the point!

But now I’m curious dammit!

I’m sure she loves Thai food

2 Likes

Just googled it. She doesn’t appear to be on record expressing any views about Taiwan. I wonder if a Kim visit to Taiwan would piss off the CCP?

1 Like

Someone should send her a link to the asses thread, see if it piques any professional curiosity

2 Likes

The local asses could definitely use a few tips from her.

are folks forgetting they dont mind making people work for next to zero pay? the great famine, was Mau ousted?

if they go to war they will not have a regime change because of job loss lol.

Sometimes it seems like people are holding the CCP to the same standards as more ethical countries. This would prove to be a fatal mistake in a war…

2 Likes

She handled it quite well, especially considering that almost everything that the NPR PBS [apologies, and thanks to @TT for the correction] guy said seemed aggressively negative to me. I was kinda hoping for this kind of response from her (please be advised, I don’t think this is meant literally, and I don’t mean it literally):

By Google Translate:

2 Likes

While there is some truth to this, China today is used to a more comfortable life. We don’t know how a hot war would unfold alongside all of the other issues that will come along, and alongside other donestic problems. There have been protests, they just usually get stamped out pretty quickly and not reported widely. With the PLA enforcers busy elsewhere something could indeed happen. This is sort of worst case scenario thinking for the CCP, but entirely possible

:crazy_face:

Syd Barrett Floyd, yes.
Roger Waters Floyd, no.

2 Likes