The racist plot against Ben Carson

Racist by definition. Some people’s definition, anyway. Their definition some of the time, anyway.

pjmedia.com/diaryofamadvoter/201 … epage=true

[quote]Donald Trump has already given us a hint with his cheesy, supposedly innocent, question about Carson’s religion. But that’s only the beginning. The media will have a field day. They have already shown an eagerness to quote Carson out of context, thereby skewing what he is really saying (i.e. his comments about guns and the Holocaust and the presidency and Sharia law) in an obvious attempt to “get him.”

It will be interesting to see how Carson holds up against this barrage. Several factors are in his favor: his intelligence, his honesty and that these attacks were to be expected (even by a political neophyte like Carson). Although it will give him problems in the short run, his style of speaking, deliberate and thoughtful, rarely in sound bites, will also redound in his favor.
[/quote]

From which it follows that any attack on him can only be motivated by racism… right? By the way, he could be the first real black president the US has ever had. Bill Clinton doesn’t count. And that other guy - the mixed-race douchebag - was only passing for black to get elected.

I’ve already seen people calling him stupid. I’ll admit he’s no rocket scientist, but he is a brain surgeon.

i don’t have a problem with him because of his race. I have a problem with him because he’s an idiot misogynist.

1 Like

Why are we even considering people who have never held political office before? Not that Trump is likely to make that criticism…

This is not racism, it’s calling out the fools who think they can lead. Plus he’s just made 3 million pissed American Muslims. Perfect stuff to feed the jihadists in your midst.

if we call Trump fool it’s OK, but if we do the same to Carson it’s racism? What’s good for the goose should be good for the gander too.

(Trump is actually the gander here, just look at his hair.)

[quote=“rowland”]Racist by definition. Some people’s definition, anyway. Their definition some of the time, anyway.

pjmedia.com/diaryofamadvoter/201 … epage=true

[quote]Donald Trump has already given us a hint with his cheesy, supposedly innocent, question about Carson’s religion. But that’s only the beginning. The media will have a field day. They have already shown an eagerness to quote Carson out of context, thereby skewing what he is really saying (i.e. his comments about guns and the Holocaust and the presidency and Sharia law) in an obvious attempt to “get him.”

It will be interesting to see how Carson holds up against this barrage. Several factors are in his favor: his intelligence, his honesty and that these attacks were to be expected (even by a political neophyte like Carson). Although it will give him problems in the short run, his style of speaking, deliberate and thoughtful, rarely in sound bites, will also redound in his favor.
[/quote]

From which it follows that any attack on him can only be motivated by racism… right? By the way, he could be the first real black president the US has ever had. Bill Clinton doesn’t count. And that other guy - the mixed-race douchebag - was only passing for black to get elected.

I’ve already seen people calling him stupid. I’ll admit he’s no rocket scientist, but he is a brain surgeon.[/quote]

This would all be a lot more credible if the dude was actually a black man.
Buddy’s whiter than Rachel Dolezal.

Wait, did you actually type “mixed-race douchebag”??? :noway:

that’s not racist at all, now. isn’t it?

No shit! I was thinking he’s got to be taking sarcasm to the next level. Like some kind of meta-irony. Unfortunately, without quotation marks, that’s…just…

:astonished:

Do you honestly expect people to take you seriously?

I oppose Carson for many reasons; all ideological. For instance, his recent idea of curtailing “liberal” speech on university campuses and investigating faculty for “liberal” biases. He is also a creationist and opposed to abortion.

End of argument. Next!

Didn’t know that. :doh:

he’s a seventh day adventist. he’s just not gonna get elected (or even nominated). the Christians won’t have a bar of it.

They nominated a Mormon last year, which was always pretty unthinkable. Hell if he’s a creationist a certain element may like him.

EDIT: Hmmm, but he was disinvited to a Souther Baptist Conference meeting this year.

baptisttwentyone.com/2015/04 … onference/

Now what would a Baptist have against the Seventh-Day Adventists? Sabbatarianism? But there are Seventh-Day Baptists as well. Anyway, this is just the sort of niggling (if you’ll excuse the expression) that a KJV-only IFB Baptist would like. Adventism? But most of them expect the Second Advent any day now–see Hal Lindsay and Left Behind and all that. I half-suspect it must be the vegetarianism they object to.

he he. that’s not gonna go down well in Texas.

To call someone who is literally a brain surgeon an idiot takes either a lot of chutzpah or a lot of blind, unreasoning hatred.

You mean besides the obvious reasons?

A better question is why are we even considering establishment politicians.

[quote=“urodacus”][quote=“ironlady”]
if we call Trump fool it’s OK, but if we do the same to Carson it’s racism? What’s good for the goose should be good for the gander too.
[/quote][/quote]

Can you honestly say that you’ve accomplished more than Ben Carson has? If so, you have standing to call him a fool without it being racism necessarily.

By the way, can you honestly say you’ve accomplished more in your life than The Donald has? That’s a lower bar. Let’s see if you can clear that one at least.

There are those who judge a man’s ability by what he has accomplished, and there are those who judge a man’s ability by his degree of agreement with their own opinions. This is the difference between an empiricist and an ideological bigot.

It takes a special kind of fool to be a creationist.

Actually there’s a detailed explanation in that link. It seems to be a long list. Apparently for one thing they object to comments that they for various reasons bear the “mark of Satan,” heh.

[quote=“rowland”]Can you honestly say that you’ve accomplished more than Ben Carson has? If so, you have standing to call him a fool without it being racism necessarily.

By the way, can you honestly say you’ve accomplished more in your life than The Donald has? That’s a lower bar. Let’s see if you can clear that one at least.

There are those who judge a man’s ability by what he has accomplished, and there are those who judge a man’s ability by his degree of agreement with their own opinions. This is the difference between an empiricist and an ideological bigot.[/quote]

These are incredible comments. Am I to understand that I can’t call Ben Carson an “idiot” without possessing “blind, unreasoning hatred”, or, in the case that I haven’t “accomplished more than he has,” without necessarily being a racist?

Just want to clear that up first, if possible.

Being a genius in one discipline doesn’t preclude him from being an idiot in another discipline. I think Ben Carson is better than most of the GOP candidates as a person but he doesn’t appear to have a clue as to what the president has to do or what issues he would actually have to address as a president. I had moderate hopes for him at first but he has pandered to the far right (or truly believes the crap that he is saying).

One good thing about having outsiders getting a lot of attention this election is that they are bringing up several ‘this doesn’t make any damn sense and why are we doing this’ topics that are getting at least a little attention. And yes I consider Bernie an outsider despite him being a career politician. He isn’t inside any circles in Washington.

My worst fear is that somehow Bernie and Carson are the two nominees. That would be a debacle. Bernie vs Trump would also be a debacle and far more entertaining as they start to take potshots at each other. And there would be way too much material for SNL and other comedy shows. Of course any of them as president could be disastrous.