The Reliable News: A list

Well, let’s get this out of the way. The paper of Jayson Blair is calling the kettle black:

nytimes.com/2015/02/06/busin … enged.html

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: there is no reliable news source. You have to go to multiple sources and filter the BS.

They’re only telling the truth when they’re calling each other liars.

[quote=“rowland”]Well, let’s get this out of the way. The paper of Jayson Blair is calling the kettle black:

nytimes.com/2015/02/06/busin … enged.html

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: there is no reliable news source. You have to go to multiple sources and filter the BS.

They’re only telling the truth when they’re calling each other liars.[/quote]

Totally agree. Mainstream media is nothing more than contrived crap and perception management catering to the gullible and ignorant. Anyone who sites mainstream must surely belong to this group or be on the payroll of an intelligence group.

Another good one from “The Best Team in Television”.

He signed this contract.

16/06/23/3792038/cnns-newest-paid-commentator-may-legally-prohibited-criticizing-donald-trump/

The US has one newspaper of Federal record. It’s a historic one, long known in days gone by for its high reporting standards. It’s motto is Democracy Dies in Darkness. Unfortunately it has been driven completely, unequivocally, and I fear irrevocably around the bend by President Donald Trump. It’s become little more than a home for ‘the resistance’. In fact, I can no longer read the Washington Post.

For now I’ll keep my subscription, but only because when it comes to Middle East politics and the involvement of the US military there is no other site (that I’m aware of) that has so many ex-US-military members and ex-DoS employees adding to the conversation in the relevant Comments sections. Their perspective is invaluable to me as an expat. So far, anyway.

It is definitely on my borderline, though, and I may chuck it soon if it doesn’t adopt a less biased, more objective viewpoint very, very soon.

I find most Brit and nearly all Commonwealth newspapers to be similarly biased, possibly worse - although that may no longer be possible. Does anybody have a recommendation for a fair, unbiased replacement for the Washington Post online edition?

1 Like

lol

Hmmmm///he source poll was not asking which network do you trust more. It was asking 3 separate questions: which do you trust more, this network or Trump. The reason the FOX number is so low is that the source poll has another category “Trust both equally” which was much higher for FOX than CNN or MSNBC. It should have been apparent to whoever wrote up this nonsense since nothing comes close to adding up to 100%.

One of the many problems with polls is that people don’t understand statistics as well as they think they do.

If you’re such an expert, would you mind interpreting the Jesus poll for us?

https://tw.forumosa.com/t/do-you-have-jesus-in-your-heart/168634/6

I saw this on FB yesterday and it is intriguing. Made me think of this thread.

I noticed that someone had posted the Horseshoe meme recently.

Do with it what you will. I have no problem with this right now for the most part, however would say, because I’m bombarded with them daily, that CNN, MSNBC are still way too high on that chart, and at least the local upstate NY NPR definitely skews Liberal. Sad the New Republic has dropped so low. Somewhat odd that the National Review is so far Right; I’d go with more neutral but that may be a knee jerk reaction to all the flak they get online from their own Conservative readers.

Anyway, I’m interested in your thoughts oh Flobbers.

HeHe CNN almost neutral ? BBC almost neutral :thinking: ABC/MSNBC/minimal Bias :rofl:

Well, I too am trying to figure out/evaluate this chart. I read CNN to the left of the chart as OPINION, which is surely is, but it just can’t be taken seriously as “skews a tad liberal.” If you moved it over to a tad hyper partisan liberal that would cover it. I can’t watch the talking heads argue about anything.

I noticed (I have no cable now, but stream youtube tv which supplies some more obscure channels) that The Young Turks now have their own “cable” news network. I haven’t seen much of it, but surprised it didn’t make the cut here. I assumed they had a larger audience. A few years back I would have said they were more neutral than they seem to be now after albeit cursory stops between innings.

FB? Facebook?

People still do that thing?

I stay with utterly reliable and important News these days.