The Rise of Skywalker

They mishandled it for sure. What I mean is, they’re not the only ones who mishandled it. The prequels are bad for different reasons than the sequels, but they’re still bad.

1 Like

Yup. Nobody’s done worse things to that universe than Lucas did with the prequels. Many would argue a steep decline began even with Return of the Jedi; I’ve never felt that way, but that movie’s too steeped in childhood nostalgia for me to be able to judge it impartially.

1 Like

Yeah, RotJ is half a good film. The first Jabba part and the last fight with the Emperor and Vader’s redemption. The middle part with the Ewoks on Endor is lame and the first indication that Lucas was prioritizing toys over story. The original plan of having it be a planet of Wookies and some real stakes with Han dying would’ve been MUCH better. Ah well.

3 Likes

Well that was interesting. Didn’t see Spock.

The Last Star Wars movie made me not care about Star Wars. I even liked some of the prequels. After the last piece of trash I dont care anymore

same here. i felt violated after spending money on the last one. is that russian one uploaded yet?

Has anyone seen this clickbaity pile of junkee?

If it’s clickbait why would you help propagate it dawg

1 Like

Reviews are in and they largely say the movie is inoffensive and mediocre, albeit with fun moments.

…Although if there are any review-proof movies that exist in the world, Ep IX and Avengers Endgame are it.

I’m reading that all the critics are basically trashing this movie…

I never watch movies in a theater anyways.

Maybe it’s more like the Downfall of Skywalker…

I watched it. To my surprise, I enjoyed it. Thought it was pretty good overall.

1 Like

I’m sorry.

1 Like

59% from critics on rotten tomatoes, holy shit, this time Disney didn’t invest much in shills.

I saw it last night and really liked it. There’s some things I do not agree with, but they did wrap up some unanswered questions…that could’ve been answered in Last Jedi, in this movie.

I didn’t read much speculation or fan theories, but the final reveal at the end did catch me off guard.

Can’t really wrap my head around a favorite part, there were so many.

2 Likes

It probably wasn’t ‘woke’ enough this time around. That and massively convoluted and bloated, since it sounds like a clash of egos and J.J. was scrambling to retcon everything Rian did in TLJ in order to reimpose his original vision for the trilogy.

1 Like

Woah, so it may be a decent movie afterall.

I wasn’t impressed can’t hardly remember any significant memorial moments.

Forbes didn’t like it.

I link the archived version so people don’t have to worry about logging in or giving Forbes clicks.

1 Like

Yeap, so much of the movie was him doing that. We can’t forget that ROS did switch directors and writers. They also had the unused Princess Leia footage from EP7-8 to somehow mix into the story. That couldn’t have been too easy.

Tis movie requires a lot of “suspension of disbelief”.