The Rise of Skywalker

Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/adzYW5DZoWs

3 Likes

Looks cringe and bluepilled to me, if I’m honest!

4 Likes

Maybe it’s just this trailer, but it’s a little underwhelming for star wars.

2 Likes

That’s their title?! Should have just called it “Skywalker” if that’s the direction they were going to go.

1 Like

Oh look another kids movie to talk about.

3 Likes

They can’t all be “My Dinner with Andre,” you know.

1 Like

Is that Palpatine at the end? Bit weird.

The title’s going to take a whole lotta getting used to.

That… looked awful. Just cringey fan service. The only new SW film I enjoyed was ‘Rogue One.’ The rest have ranged from mediocre to terrible. And they’re too stuck in the past (and past characters) to really innovate with new ideas.

fify

bi3tui2nnbx11

Does it already have a 105% score on rotting tomatoes?

6 Likes

I don’t keep up with these things.

Skywalker presumably has a sex change in episode XXV?

1 Like

With JJ Abrams writing and directing, hope has been restored.

Not a fan of the title, but well see where it leads us.

I would be curious what @Rockefeller makes of the last - what, fifty-six? - Star Wars movies, but IMO they’ve all been absolutely dire. They seem to combine the worst aspects of millennial We’re All Equal But Some Are More Equal Than Others bullshit with poor storytelling, ludicrous characters, and an over-reliance on blowing shit up via CGI. Good sci-fi demands an extreme level of suspension of disbelief: you have to create people and situations that are inherently rock-solid plausible. If you lose that, you’re just telling halfwitted fairy stories about dragons and knights and castles.

3 Likes

But it said it was the “Final” one , Surely that is worth a like ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, that’s a relief, at least. They’ve probably realised the bottom of the barrel has been well and truly scraped.

Go and spend an hour in your Shed :joy: I will join you :smiley:

2 Likes

Little-known fact: due to Schrodinger’s paradox, there is no way of knowing how grumpy a granddad is until you open the shed door, and he is in fact in an indeterminate state of grumpiness as long as he remains unobserved inside the shed.

3 Likes

Rogue One was actually okay, because they tried something different. The rest have been pretty awful though. The Force Awakens was… watchable. The Last Jedi wasn’t. And I didn’t even bother with Solo, but I saw the trailers and that was enough to write it off.

the last one was absolutely diabolical trash. i really felt like a dope for going to the cinema to see that one. the director is a moron. its good that this one has a different director, i’ll give it a watch but i ain’t dropping no dimes this time.

2 Likes

They’ve failed to create an interesting storyline and characters while relying way too much on nostalgia.

5 Likes