The slippery slope

:smiley:

1 Like

He’s a trans man, yeah? It sounds perfectly reasonable to me that he could have a hysterectomy.

I wonder how many people who undergo sex reassignment surgery change their mind later in life. A lot of people make very poor decisions in life, decisions with disastrous financial consequences, and some of those people and some of those decisions are so poor that they’ll do almost anything to recover what they lost.

I bet the release you have to sign as a person requesting surgery in any way related to transgender people is as thick as dictionary. If it’s not then it probably should be.

Any surgeon who performs any related surgeries, and any hospital that would host them, could be the target of a malpractice lawsuit if a transgender person has a change of heart later and if the release isn’t thorough and doesn’t absolutely nail down all possible duties and responsibilities before, during, and after such surgeries.

I wonder what effect this is having on malpractice insurance premiums paid by surgeons and healthcare providers. It can’t be good financial news for surgeons in cases like this one, at the Catholic hospital.

2 Likes

at least 40%!

In the UK hormone therapy can be available after puberty. The majority of children with suspected gender dysphoria lose it upon hitting puberty. They’re basically just effeminate boys or tom boys whose parents have attached a label. An example of this is Brighton where in one school more than half the pupils identify as gender non-binary. This is clearly ludicrous and must be learned behaviour.

Puberty suppressing hormones are permanently life-changing. The effects can be reversed, to a degree, but they will leave permanent physical changes. A teenage boy who takes them and later changed his mind will never be the man he would have been.

I think it’s inevitable that we will see legal action from people who will argue that weren’t mature enough to make such a massive decision.

Of course, the biggest issue right now is anyone who makes these points is labelled as transphobic.

2 Likes

Seriously? It’s that high?

I think so, too. What makes it worse are “responsible” parents who foster, perhaps even encourage, gender dysphoria in their children (and their kids’ friends) who as a result may have clear sight of their own needs obscured, undergo gender reassignment surgery, and only later in life discover that it was a mistake.

Puberty’s hard enough as it is. It really doesn’t help if parents lack the wisdom to shepherd their kids through that time, who only add to the number and kinds of decisions a kid has to make during puberty.

Maybe the good news is that millennials will, thanks to their own experiences with friends who’ve made poor decisions, make far better parents in a generation or two. The West is probably going to end up being good at recognizing sincere gender dysphoria by the middle of this century. The bad news is it’s probably going to be a sad clusterfuck until then.

And who knows what effect it will all have on birth rates by 2050. Probably not good.

1 Like

There was a guy I went to school with whose surname was Darling. He was also a bit a bit effeminate and got picked on something rotten. It didn’t help that there was a TV comedy show that took the piss out of a character called Darling.

Anyway, he joined the army and he’s now some kind of special forces. I think it’s the SAS. By all accounts he’s absolute nails.

Well, it could be higher.
40% is the suicide rate, but I don’t know what percentage of the remaining 60% regrets the decision.

They’re not necessarily attempting suicide because they regret the decision to transition.

#Me too. Problem is that we always used surnames , so I have no idea of his christian name . Brothers would be Major , Minor , Tertius etc. Maybe the same at your place @BiggusDickus ?

1 Like

No, I was only ever called Biggus.

2 Likes

Gotta wonder how many of the 40% would have committed suicide anyway.

At any rate the share of people who are unhappy post-surgery seems to be very high. What a mess.

I just hope that somebody is making it clear to them that gender reassignment surgery is a profoundly serious decision. It’s not like choosing mac’n cheese for lunch, throwing it out when you realize it’s not what you wanted, and getting something else. My god.

If you look at the number of people who are regretting having tattoos. I’m not saying gender reassignment is a fashion choice, but it clearly is a trend.

All these young people describing themselves as non-binary or on a spectrum. Hardly anyone did that when we were young. You had a few pop stars like Bowie, who generally ended up getting married with kids.

If it’s innate then how come so many people believe it applies to them now? Was society really that successful in suppressing it in the past? I very much doubt it. And if it was then we would be seeing many more older people having gender reassignment. The vast majority of young people who believe they were assigned the wrong gender at birth will end up married with kids. Complaining about their mortgage repayments and gout.

The trouble is if they have medical intervention now. It’s not like getting a tattoo removed.

2 Likes

Unfortunately the go/no-go decision may be like choosing to get a tattoo in the first place, though.

I think you’re exactly right.

Twenty years ago in the US, those on the cultural right would always try to make the same point. You can’t conclude that a teenage kid who has a homosexual experience, or even fifty, is in fact gay. Most of those kids are going to end up married with kids and yeah, bitching about mortgage payments and the price of cable service.

Of course they were (and are) shouted down by our lovely leftists. No idea why people without the right tools (like basic wisdom 1.0) are within a country mile of government leadership, but that’s where we are and where we have been for fifty years now. /rant

The figure I remember that was taken as read for homosexuals was 6-10% of the population. Everybody thought that it couldn’t possibly be that high, but it was not to be questioned. Realistically, it will be 1-2%.

Similar is happening now with wrongly assigned gender at birth. The impression is being created that there are significant numbers of people. I bet the reality is maybe 0.1%, and some of those will have mental health issues.

3 Likes

Blacks only!

Having watched this product of UCLA talk nonsense, I can understand the above post @Andrew0409

https://youtu.be/-pxxBQm114k

2 Likes

Just starting this, but looks good, the Yale “Halloween costume” professor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PnkZx3kwTM