The Squad Thread

That’s kind of her brand at this point. Statistically speaking, the black homicide rate is 4-5 times as high as the average homicide rate, and over 8 times the white homicide rate. Even given the fact that blacks are only 13% of the population, they often commit more overall murders in a given year than whites.

Mostly they kill other blacks. But… all lives matter.

It’s easier to ignore violence when it’s not in our neighborhood. The SEP field is activated. But the thing about the Islamofascists is they’re targeting the rest of us.

The terrorists make us care by making it our problem. That would be a good idea, except they’re making themselves the problem.

58%20PM

You should perhaps go learn how statistics work.

Let’s hear how you interpret this. Lead the way.

The most important takeaway is that nobody is talking about AOC lately. She’s been upstaged. The purity spiral has left her behind.

Who cares.

You clearly understand how statistics work. So, by all means, explain this.

You’re so far left, your brain aint right.
https://youtu.be/F42kAcUrIg8

Nobody can explain anything to you.

Show me how I should interpret those stats then. Teach me.

Come on sensei, you said I need to learn how stats work. Everything I know is wrong. Here’s your chance to explain a very basic chart. Let’s start from scratch and keep it simple. I’m sure we can get along. How should i read that?

Your chart shows mass shootings…we were talking about homicide rates. Mass shootings are a very small percentage of overall homicides, so I’m not sure what your point is.

Rowland was talking about the “Islamofascists”.

What % of homicides in the US are committed by Islamic fascists?

Ah, thought you were responding to my stats.

No. I don’t take much issue with yours. I do have some stats we can chew on for discussion purposes but its dinnertime now. Hope all is well

Enjoy. Hope it’s not lutefisk.

1 Like

You can’t make someone admit he’s wrong when he already knows he’s wrong. It doesn’t work like that.

The good news is: these people don’t matter. It simply doesn’t matter what they say.

There is only one way to win an argument: focus on the audience. Not the opponent. The audience. When the audience disbelieves your opponent, you have won - whether he admits it or not.

By that metric, the outcome is pretty obvious.

Declare victory and go do something more worthwhile. Like sarcastic comments. I like making sarcastic comments myself. It’s fun and it’s efficient.

1 Like

That’s a pretty good strategy if your goal is to ‘win’ a discussion in a forum of like minded individuals. Bigger picture It doesn’t teach anyone anything, nobody is learning or grows or gains any new information, and you remain stuck. Some people need that I guess.