The Taiwan Weather Thread 2021

I can confirm that this is accurate.

Guy

2 Likes
1 Like

For forumosans in central Taipei and environs: I am seeing 100% probability of heavy thundershowers after lunch. Watch out!

Source: Daan District 10-Day Weather Forecast | Weather Underground

Guy

1 Like

This is more like it. Daily afternoon rain resulting in a cooler evening.

1 Like

Yesterday was a wee bit more than “afternoon” showers. I got smashed in the evening on my bike!

Guy

Tell me about it. I forgot to pack the umbrella and got drenched walking to the scooter after work.

Another beautiful day out here at 白沙灣. It’s such a shame that the China Virus is hiding just below the surface of the water waiting to claim its next victim.

Thankfully the powers that be have saved us from taking our lives into our own hands by banning us from the beaches.

Here’s the live 白沙灣 beach cam - It’s just like being here. NOT

6 Likes

If you’re intention is use those awesome photos to make us feel sorry for you, well it’s not working! :rofl:

Enjoy your day!

Guy

1 Like

It sucks. I live here, but can’t use the beach, but Taiwanese flout the rules and nothing happens to them.

I take out my surfboard and I’m immediately accosted.

Sucks ass

2 Likes

Is it allowed to walk along the coast?

NO. NO. NO. But, if you don’t care about rules…and you’re Taiwanese…you can get away with it.

2 Likes

Looks like you may be stuck indoors watching Point Break (original version) for a bit longer.

This is a shame. Even with masks? What a joke! This is an island FFS

2 Likes

Love the pouring rain right now :sweat_drops:

1 Like

It’s raining cats… 貓貓雨

1 Like

I knew it was raining heavy, but looks like that’s an understatement.

#1 today, so far, is the weather station at NTU in the Da’an district of Taipei.

312 mm of it !! That’s Typhoon type readings. And that’s about 100mm heavier than anywhere else in Taipei, seems a cloud must have parked itself overhead.

1 Like

Flooding in Xinyi: 快訊/信義區淹水! 雷雨轟炸北北基「國家警報」發佈 | ETtoday生活新聞 | ETtoday新聞雲

2 Likes

Saw an Uber Eats scooter there, he needs to swap that for a boat me thinks.

1 Like

That does suck.

Those tents with the inflatables hanging up look pretty vulnerable if there’s a tropical storm coming. Has anybody got them in by now?

Maybe that NTU reading was false, as it has now disappeared.

#1 is now 215.5mm at Fuzhoushan in the Da’an district of Taipei.