The Taiwan Weather Thread

Bathroom Meteorology:

You know it’s winter in Taipei when the shampoo gives you an ice cream headache

You know it’s summer in Taipei when the toothpaste pours out of the tube

I got a different approach…

You know it’s winter in Taipei when you don’t want to get out of your warm shower.

You know it’s summer in Taipei when you don’t want to get out of your cold shower.

That goes without saying.
The morning shower: the last time you’ll be truly comfortable all day, year round.

1 Like

And we are back to zero clouds and 100% chance of skin cancer in Taipei.

Lordy.
Are you challenging Auntie Ikes for the Panic Queen title??

What’s next, Korean Fan Death or Microwave Heart Attack?

http://67.media.tumblr.com/8552f57d3c2bc603472beec0ba2b724f/tumblr_inline_nnn16jBO7t1ttwhvo_500.gif

1 Like

Yes, one type A case per thread, please. :imp:

OTOH, the UV index is a real concern for those of us with very low pigmentation. Wish I could get that golden color Asians hate so much…

Plus we may have some collateral typhoon action later the week. I have noticed a significant lack of gallon water bottles at the supermarket. Maybe people are stocking up before the Big One. Whenever it hits.

The tropical storm is headed to Japan, we won’t even notice that.
Yesterday was an amazing day to go to the seaside, fresh air from the sea, blue sky with just enough clouds to cover the sun and huge waves in Wai Ao.
I spent one hour in the water and got sunburn even though there was no direct sunlight -_- FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU…(only on my front shoulders though, I didn’t think about using sunscreen there…head and arms were protected so no problems).
And this morning I went to Taipei, same weather: a few clouds giving an illusion of protection, then scorching hot sun.

caught a little bit of sunburn today too, just from roaming the streets because of the clear skys we had today. thats quite unusual for taipei.

What a heavy storm here in Yilan >_>

It was suppose to rain yesterday afternoon and evening in Taipei

Felt drizzles in Shilin and it was 100% dry in Song Shan.

We need some rain!

This storm is moving to the north, I’m not sure if it will reach Taipei or if it will head to Keelong and then move to the sea. We’ve had more than 100mm in a couple of hours.

It’s getting darker and darker in Taipei.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9o78-f2mIM

South of Taipei has had a storm for the last hour, hopefully moving on now.

Woo hoo! There we go!

I’m in Zhong Shan MRT area, I see the clouds down towards Xindian, see no rain where we are though.

The rain has almost stopped here now. Interesting to notice that the wind changed completely and the rain now comes from the North.

Pano from the roof by Thomas "Bis" Passarini, on Flickr

At least we’ve had a nice sunset!

2 Likes

The CWB is warning that a cold front is coming our way, will probably hit the island on Sunday. Bit early in the season, probably no significant temperature drop, only rain. But just a brief respite would be welcome.

1 Like

I could feel it yesterday and felt it this morning on the scooter commute to work.

I saw weather underground says it’s suppose to drop to 22 this evening?!

I saw the 10 day forecast and highs are still around 32C, but lows are hitting the 25s.

Definitely a bit early, I’m actually not ready for cold temps yet.

During the weekend the temperatures in Yilan dropped a lot and we’ve had a few very comfortable days. Last night for the first time in a while we didn’t have to turn on air conditioning.