The Taiwan Weather Thread

Hey, where the jeez is brother dulan_drift any frigging ways?? Did he he not survive The Purge?? How the crap are we meant to survive Phoon Season without his peerless stewardship??
I’m starting to get a little nervous here.

@dulan_drift

Maybe he was able to make the transition, but cannot find the thread.

Let’s keep posting our very obvious weather observations so the thread stays on the top of the topics list.

So…

is Summer over already? :disappointed:

I hope so, this was my first summer in Taiwan.

1 Like

I lost count and still always ready for the end.

1 Like

I can’t, I’m not ready yet. Still I have to swim,camp, dive and ride too many places.

I wouldn’t count on it being over, September in Taiwan usually feels about the same as August. There’s a typhoon being born just off the east coast which is connected to the rain we’re now getting, but there should be plenty of hot, sunny days left.

October-November is my favourite time for doing outdoor stuff because there’s lots of sunny, warm (but not too hot) days. Last year that kept going right up to Xmas before turning cold.

Summer was always my fav time in North Taiwan. I liked winter but only if it lasted only one month.

Yeah, hoping this summer continues. More sun, less rain and humidity.

The typhoon forming just East of Taiwan that is supposed to stay there for a few days and then move to Japan is very interesting. I don’t recall anything like that during the last few years I’ve been here.

Cycling/hiking to take pictures with grey skies is kinda dull, I’m really hoping the weather will get back to its usual conditions :confused: Last year in November we were still able to go to the beach (with a bit of good luck in the weekend).

Weather Underground has 10 days of rain for Yilan.

-_-

And so, it begins…

Godspeed Ibis

1 Like

The CWB said that today there was 70% chance of rain. Mmm.

My phone app says tomorrow it will rain all day.

I don’t know what to wear.

Two of my phone apps yesterday said it was currently raining, and supposed to rain all day. I believe it never rained in Danshui, although maybe I’m forgetting a short shower. My phone is also telling me it’s raining right now, and it isn’t. I don’t know what the heck is with the apps these days.

Muggy, cloudy, with occassional bursts of sunshine.

Mid 30s around noon, non-stop rain in the afternoon.

All TV news are warning tomorrow -Friday- it will rain a lot a lotta. Wear boots and raincoat, they say.

My app agrees. Let’s hope they are all wrong.

But it’s good for the plants.