The Taiwanese Inferiority Complex

I will say the girls in California regardless of ethnicity are way meaner and generally worse personalities than girls I’ve met anywhere else in the US, Europe, Australia or Asia. I hate saying it cause most of my friends are from there but its true. Especially in the clubs, they turn up the bitch factor… used to joke about it with my friends before marriage when we still went clubbing in the days Hollywood clubs were still in.

Ive actually found it that European girls, especially from countries and areas with almost no Asian people to have been really interested and fascinated by me. And gay European men literally throw themselves at me.

@_Lilith can vouch that that in Italy gay men were very disappointed that I wasn’t gay and was taken.

US is a hit or miss. And highly dependent on you as a person. I would say it’s def harder and no chance if you’re a fob.

But Fobs have their own groups too. I have a friend who is a pure ABC he cant speak any Mandarin or Taiwanese. While all the FOBs were trying to Americanize he did the opposite. We called him a BOB “Back on Boat” cause he started hanging out with FOBs in college listening to Coco watching Meteor Garden and learned Mandarin fast, he became a Fob even dressed like one though he never visited Taiwan or Asia before.

Yes I mean fobs have no chance outside of fobs.

I found Hispanic girls in the US to be pretty open to Asian men. So have black women in the US. The stereotypical white American girl next door, I’ve found most are between never would consider or harder to pursued if possible. Many of them like this girl from Iowa who has told me she had never interacted or talked with an Asian person before me was surprised she was into me. So I guess it’s harder but possible. Some are open to it but just said Asian guys never come up to them.

Things have changed now a days I see plenty of white girls with Asian guys in US everywhere. Not so when I was still young single and looking to hook up. I still don’t see that many black and Asians together. Hispanic and Asians…some

I think so as well. I see my cousin who’s about 7 years younger do very well these days compared to me in middle or high school.

I think not many black and Asian men because Asian men don’t like black girls. But the general consensus from black women was they were pretty interested in Asian men. Probably some of the same for Hispanic women but they’ve always been very open to Asian men in many Hispanic communities.

Yea I honestly I just didn’t know that many black people cause where I lived my HS was mostly Asian then White we had 3 black guys and 2 girls in my whole class of 1000. True Asian guys generally weren’t attracted to black girls back then…not sure about now maybe its changed. Id agree on Hispanics and Asians generally getting along. My moms business mainly revolved around Hispanic customers so she spoke Spanish. Also some Latina girls are pretty hot in my HS. One of my HS friends whose Japanese married a Hispanic guy last year

You had a completely different experience. I was the only Asian in my class in senior high lol. There was one other Asian girl older than me who was pretty ugly so. I think that made me kind of turned off to dating Asian girls, it’s like that South Park episode where another black girl came into town and everyone’s like token look! Your new gf.

Hello bluejasn,
it is off topic I know but just to follow Brianjones steps I will give you a few links for the record… I really mean no offence, I only feel happy to post that :wink:

Chinese
Tang Frères - Wikipedia. (Laotian Chinese)
François Cheng - Wikipedia. (high profil academician)
Gao Xingjian - Wikipedia. (nobel prize)
Zao Wou-Ki - Wikipedia. (famous abstrac painter)
Yiqing Yin - Wikipedia. (haute couture designer)

Viet
Ngô Bảo Châu - Wikipedia. (fields medal)
Liêm Hoang-Ngoc - Wikipedia. (economist and member of parliament)
Georges Nguyen Van Loc - Wikipedia (famous high profile police chief)

Half Cambodian/ Half Chinese

Korea
Fleur Pellerin - Wikipedia (Minister)
Jean-Vincent Placé - Wikipedia. (Secretary of state/ Senator)

Biggest China Town in the west outside the Anglosphere

There are also numerous famous people of mixed origins since interethnic unions are notably high there. (and despite all the Far Right propaganda)

Of course, they also face some kind discrimination but, as you can see, it is far from hell and one can be really successful…

Take care.

1 Like

That’s cool, glad to here Asians coming up in Europe too. I think overall the world is definitely changing to be a better more accepting place regardless of what is portrayed on News.

Cant imagine being only Asian in school lol. I know what you mean Taiwanese American girls in my time were not pretty…I don’t know what happened. And here in Taiwan theyre really pretty. Local girls here definitely are prettier than ABC girls. I don’t get the sense theres any ABC girls on this Forum

The first asian elected to public office in Europe was in 1841. Thats 177 years ago

This has always annoyed me. You talk to someone about your life and they don’t take you seriously because their only experience of Asia is drinking cocktails by the Pool in Koh Samui. Where they think u live

2 Likes

Lol I know what you mean. When I say I’m from Taiwan sometimes people ask me the stupidest questions and assumptions. Especially thinking it’s some 3rd world country when it’s probably nicer than where they live.

Taiwan is slowly getting on the map though. Some thanks to music as Asia craves music from the West and artist will usually stop in Taiwan as they are here, might not be the biggest market in Asia but they always stop by since they are already in Asia.

That’s true, but online dating studies show, an Asian man has to make $250,000 more per year than a white man in order for a white woman to be indifferent between a white and Asian man.

Also, D-nice?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd7FixvoKBw

I’ve heard this too. The fewer Asian men there are in the town, the more advantageous your position is.

Not true in the US. Go to the middle of Alabama, no girl is gonna care about you.

Isn’t your girlfriend Italian? I’ve been wanting to hit the European pool, but don’t want to leave my stable job in DC.

Idk abt the girls, not seen any jumping on ya so far lol but yeah gay guys always try hit on him or in Italy they made comments like “he’s wasted being with you”, i’m Fine with them hitting on him though.

Not when you’re there :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’d take that back if you want me to cook dinner or any other meal for that matter… :comet::face_with_symbols_over_mouth: