The "This Restaurant Made Me Sick" warning thread!

Just did some searching on food poisoning experiences. I think it would be good to have a single thread where people post warnings on places that literally made them sick!

Needless to say, I’m starting this because I have had one such experience very recently… I’m going into day 4 of ‘what should be solid comes out like water’ :blush:
I take paracetamol to soothe the nausea, it really helps.

The offending place is the Subway in Hsinchu, the one adjacent to the train station. If you care about your health, may I suggest you stay away. :fume:

The Kuva Chateaux Hotel buffet restaurant in Zhongli, its the restaurant to the left as you walk through the main doors. Ive been there a few times and the food was fine but the last time something I ate and I suspect it was a spicy seafood dish went straight through me, by the time I left the restaurant I started feeling rough then spent 2 hours on the bog when I got home, fortunately I only had a couple of spoonfuls of the offending material. Im in two minds to go again usually its been ok but if anybody decides to go just steer clear of the seafood section, theres plenty of other choices.

If you’re taking paracetamol to “soothe nausea” you’re either drunk or a few spanners short of a toolbox.

Your critique of said establishment is thus rendered emotive, dumb and meaningless.

You probably are merely shitting out your brain. Don’t worry. It should only take a second.

Bad-mouthing an establishment because you got the shits is plain stupid and counter-productive. :2cents:

MOS BURGER is high on my list for poisonous restaurant chain. The one located at Holiday Inn Express in front of the Taichung Park sold me pure poison that caused gastroenteritis. The other dangerous Mos Burger is the one located at Carrefour, at HsinHai Rd (Hsitun). I was also hospitalized after eating oyster omelet at Mongolian BBQ buffet at Chung Teh Rd, in front of the Bank of Taiwan. The restaurant is really filthy. That episode gave me serious colitis. The pain was unbearable. If you want to eat at these places, just consider yourself warned.

you should generally avoid oysters entirely in Taiwan, and all seafood in China (except maybe HK).

You should generally avoid all food in China.

You should generally avoid all food in China.[/quote]

Yes. It’s better to breathe the wholesome air and drink the fresh water.

[quote=“jimipresley”][quote=“darth_guy”]
I take paracetamol to soothe the nausea, it really helps.
[/quote]
If you’re taking paracetamol to “soothe nausea” you’re either drunk or a few spanners short of a toolbox.

Your critique of said establishment is thus rendered emotive, dumb and meaningless.

You probably are merely shitting out your brain. Don’t worry. It should only take a second.

Bad-mouthing an establishment because you got the shits is plain stupid and counter-productive. :2cents:[/quote]

I know what it was, and it was food poisoning. The shitters doesn’t last almost a full week.

:doh:

What the hell happened to the Mos Burgers in Taiwan? They’re founded on this “mountain ocean sky” bullshit and used to have upbeat workers and even posted info about the local source of individual ingredients. Lately the branches I’ve visited in Taipei and Hsinchu have been disgustingly dirty–really shocking. I wonder if they have any idea how badly they are damaging their brand’s image.

Guy

I second this. 2 hours after eating the omelette breakfast burger I was puking and running to the bathroom from food poisoning. My stomach was in knots. This was the Neihu branch next to Miramar, behind the MRT station.

[quote=“afterspivak”]What the hell happened to the Mos Burgers in Taiwan? They’re founded on this “mountain ocean sky” bullshit and used to have upbeat workers and even posted info about the local source of individual ingredients. Lately the branches I’ve visited in Taipei and Hsinchu have been disgustingly dirty–really shocking. I wonder if they have any idea how badly they are damaging their brand’s image.

Guy[/quote]

Typical for this place.
Taiwanese do not invest beyond the initial purchase. You can see it everywhere, i.e. houses.
Why should businesses (even with foreign participation) be different? Maintenance is a low priority for Taiwanese. If it breaks down, just buy something new (and preferably cheap).

I second this. 2 hours after eating the omelette breakfast burger I was puking and running to the bathroom from food poisoning. My stomach was in knots. This was the Neihu branch next to Miramar, behind the MRT station.[/quote]
Why on earth are you ascribing that quote to me? Firstly, I said no such thing, and secondly, English is my first language.

Please refrain from quoting illiterates in my name. :bow:

I second this. 2 hours after eating the omelette breakfast burger I was puking and running to the bathroom from food poisoning. My stomach was in knots. This was the Neihu branch next to Miramar, behind the MRT station.[/quote]
Why on earth are you ascribing that quote to me? Firstly, I said no such thing, and secondly, English is my first language.

Please refrain from quoting illiterates in my name. :bow:[/quote]

I’m the one who wrote against Mos Burger, I got really sick after eating their food, not once, but twice. Forgive my English grammar. My parents are Greek and French natives but my family immigrated to Canada when I was a child, so I am Canadian. But the point is that Mos Burger is starting to have bad quality and dirty food. I use to love their burgers more than the McDonald’s ones. Not anymore.

How very odd.
I just highlighted the sentence and clicked “quote” and nothing else; not sure how it was attributed to the wrong person. Sorry for the confusion.

Anyways, I try to avoid MOS as well.