The (Tongue-in-Cheek) Benefits of Marriage

Sample size: one (1). :upside_down_face:

Guy

Do you think you deserve it?

I choose not to read Smiffy replies so donā€™t bother.

1 Like

Haha fair enough!

So youā€™re saying you have buffalo galumphing through your living room? :thinking:

No, they are family because someone decided to get married years ago before asking an online forum whatā€™s the benefit of a marriage! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nope, just galloping farts.

Turton would be proud :laughing:

angry-cat-lady

2 Likes

When a marriage is working itā€™s heaven. When itā€™s not, itā€™s hell.

Itā€™s so complicated because thereā€™s no clearly written marriage contract which spells everything out in the beginning. Of course, if there were a written marriage contract marriage between heterosexuals would vanish almost overnight because the legal benefits of marriage are that the woman gets the house, the kids, and half the money. Other than that there are no other legal benefits.

You need something to compare with.

Like entering a convent, becoming a monk. Or, the live as a drunk single person.

This guy really lives in your head rent free eh? How do you live?

A spiritual question? Ask my disciples :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:, although for any DPP supporter I would charge a 100 percent premium for rent as a landlord. Rent free? :rofl:
All time best expat memoirs - Arts & Sciences / Arts & Entertainment - Forumosa

If you had bothered to read previous posts, including a thread I never started, you would sense my notions of balance to the force:
Now that being said, I really do think his blog evolved in later years. While it still had the predictable pro-green knee-jerk reactions from time to time, it became more independent, more insightful, and slightly less know-it-all. It will be missed by many. I read it regularly.
Is Michael Turton worth following? [Blog ENDED - September 2018] - Politics / Taiwan Politics - Forumosa

:rofl:

Guy

No. Itā€™s a statement. This guy seems to live in your head rent free if he is mentioned every post you make. I donā€™t even know who this guy is. Is he a marriage counsellor? Is he going to sell me on the concept of marriage?

The opposite I would thinkā€¦I think heā€™s recently divorced and has a GF from the PI. Heā€™s written about it in the Taipei Times.

I am sure you got the point of my comparison when you referenced leaving a trust to the DPP.

Theyā€™re married already.

2 Likes

Well, he might still believe in the institution then to bring the conversation back to the thread title. :grin:

He must be a friend of yours if you like to talk about him so much.

1 Like

Everyone is my friend. Never started a thread on him though. Perhaps you should direct your comments to those who did? :laughing: