The train derailment case

[quote=“Cola”]…Mr Lee in his suicide confession note blamed another man, most likely his brother, as being the real perpetrator of the accident and blamed that man for trying to push the BLAME on Lee. But was definitely involved. He killed himself because was guilty…Those tears by his friends and union officials, although sincere, were crocodile tears. Lee was majorly involved. It’s a sad story all around.

MONEY QUOTE: According to APPLE DAILY newspaper report, Lee in his letters accused the “real perpetrator*” (his brother) of “letting him take the rap.”

RED FOR REVENGE GHOST: When a fruit grower discovered Lee’s body around six o’clock yesterday morning, Lee was dressed in a red T-shirt. According to local folklore, by wearing red at the time of suicide, the innocent will gain the power to come back as a vindictive ghost to seek revenge on his brother.[/quote]

Well, as the story has developed, it doesn’t look very good for the Lee family, his betelnut chewing brother Lee Tai-an and maybe even Honorable Papa… who today met and shook the hand of the mother of the Vietnamese wife who was murdered by his two sons.

What say you now, Juba?

Liberty Times headline today: “Lee Tai-an suspected of asking friends to give false testimony in his favor” [over murder of brother’s Vietnamese wife case]

Been following the news on this topic in the papers like everyone else. But I still don’t see how Taiwan politics is relevant here.

Maybe I’m missing something. PFP are idiots for supporting the accused murdered? CCP spin the situation for unification? pan-Green supports Vietnam?

Enlighten me…

[quote=“ac_dropout”]Been following the news on this topic in the papers like everyone else. But I still don’t see how Taiwan politics is relevant here.

Maybe I’m missing something. PFP are idiots for supporting the accused murdered? CCP spin the situation for unification? pan-Green supports Vietnam?

Enlighten me…[/quote]

You’d better ask your brothers in the PFP why on earth they would try to politicize such a foul murder in the way they did. It’s quite beyond my comprehension, as are most of their noxious antics.

And on the subject of progress in the case, it is highly pleasing to watch the net of justice closing relentlessly over the loathsome binlang-chewing brute who plotted and assisted the callous murder of his sister-in-law. If he doesn’t get the death sentence he so thoroughly deserves, I’ll be very disappointed indeed.

Given the way the story is playing out in the media, even if the brother in law was innocent, I don’t think the courts would find him as such.

He’s been hung in the court of public opinion already, the rest will just be formality.

But if everything I read in the papers are true, this is very grusome indeed.

I have to agree with an earlier poster about the computer graphic used in the news. In the televised version I saw they photoshop the heads of the husband and 3rd wife onto these icon bodies to show them moving though the train cars…pop up of the syringe…pop up of witness’ bubble thoughts…very 80’s video game like…surreal and almost comical, if not for the fact the news was so depressing.

allegedly

Yes, allegedly.

Question: Does anyone think the father, old Grandpa there, was involved, too? Maybe? I rather suspect so. But he is acting all innocent and friendly, even greeting the visiting Vietnamese mother who came to collect her daughter’s ashes, cash on hand and some belongings, to take back home. Was the old man in on in this, too? Is he being questioned at all by the police, as to what he knew and when?

Yes, all things are merely ‘‘allegedly’’ until proven otherwise. True enuf.

I hadn’t been following this thread for a while, but my girlfriend enlightened me a bit about the latest odd trend in this story.

The brother, who also appears to be the accomplice in the murder, has become a bit of a celebrity hero to some people. People visit his house shouting Jia-you, Jia-you. People are calling him a hero.

What’s with that? As the number one suspect sill alive in a disgusting murder that endangered hundreds of people, how on earth can people call him a hero?

This country is going down the drain I think. Sure, the rising crime rate is all CSB’s fault. My ass. The people here have sold their souls more likely. Personally, I trace it all back to the big, rude Blue rally after the shooting. It seems Taiwan has had a dark cloud over it ever since. Right and wrong no longer seems to matter to anyone. (There’s the political connection again. :wink: )

The house has become somewhat of a tourist spot now, with people taking bus tours there on the weekends. As MrsHill put it, “Taiwanese people are weird.” The brother, or someone else, seems to have opened a coffee stall outside the house, and one can now view the premesis from the outside over a spot of coffee and biscuits. The bro seems to now be a local celebrity! Go figure.

The wife and I were talking about this bit of celebrity status he seems to find himself in now.

I applaud his turning this into an income opportunity. It looks like a few other vendors have set-up stands to offer their goods to the curious.
And business looks good!

Strike While the Iron is Hot!

The brother was released back to celebrity heaven/haven:

Lee’s father, the old man with the cap, Lee Chu-po, has also been given extensive media
exposure, said he has always believed in his son’s innocence.

“I’m very happy,” the father said. But he said he REALLY hopes investigators
can catch the guilty parties who REALLY sabotaged the train. Of course, it wasn’t his son, no no no…

What a circus this circus is!