The Trayvon Martin Clusterf*ck

And at this point You do not know that this is not the case.

Read the statement again. It speaks to a general truism - In a state that follows the 2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, it is unwise to attack or put another citizen in fear for their life.

Mr. Zimmerman was under fear for his life. That much has been established - regardless of emotional speeches to the contrary.
Lets see what further information comes out. It has already been proven, via HD video and neighbors statements that Mr. Zimmerman has sever head lacerations that required bandages.
Also that Mr. Martin did indeed circle back and lay in wait for Mr. Zimmerman rather than complete his trip to the residence in which he was staying. This was a choice he made.
So lets see what else comes out.

Martin wasn’t packing a weapon and Zimmerman didn’t suffer any injuries that required hospitalization so it’s pretty clear that punching someone is now a capital offense in America. As a confirmed misanthrope I don’t object. There are far too many trigger happy Yanks on the planet anyway so they’re doing everyone a favor by thinning themselves out.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Just another thing for the Obama crowd to play the race card on while the economy goes down the toilet.

Shame that Martin died for attacking a guy - but the consequences of self-defense can be a hard lesson in real life.

What is sick is how this is being used to further polarize the country.

As more information comes out lets all hope some rational conclusions can be reached in this matter.[/quote]

really?

Because it seems to me Newt Gingrich and all the right wing spinsters are playing the race card much more deftly. Here is Obama’s full quote, nothing about race here, but the underlined part was taken out of context by the right.

[quote]Well, I’m the head of the executive branch, and the Attorney General reports to me so I’ve got to be careful about my statements to make sure that we’re not impairing any investigation that’s taking place right now.

But obviously, this is a tragedy. I can only imagine what these parents are going through. And when I think about this boy, I think about my own kids. And I think every parent in America should be able to understand why it is absolutely imperative that we investigate every aspect of this, and that everybody pulls together — federal, state and local — to figure out exactly how this tragedy happened.

So I’m glad that not only is the Justice Department looking into it, I understand now that the governor of the state of Florida has formed a task force to investigate what’s taking place. I think all of us have to do some soul searching to figure out how does something like this happen. And that means that examine the laws and the context for what happened, as well as the specifics of the incident.

But my main message is to the parents of Trayvon Martin. If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon. And I think they are right to expect that all of us as Americans are going to take this with the seriousness it deserves, and that we’re going to get to the bottom of exactly what happened.

Thank you.[/quote]

now after reading that do you believe what you right, or do you plan to spin it a little further to smear Obama some more?

[quote]Zimmerman called 911 and told dispatchers he was following a teen. The dispatcher told Zimmerman not to.

And from that moment to the shooting, details are few.

B
ut one man’s testimony could be key for the police.

“The guy on the bottom who had a red sweater on was yelling to me: 'help, help…and I told him to stop and I was calling 911,” he said.

Trayvon Martin was in a hoodie; Zimmerman was in red.

The witness only wanted to be identified as “John,” and didn’t not want to be shown on camera.

His statements to police were instrumental, because police backed up Zimmerman’s claims, saying those screams on the 911 call are those of Zimmerman.

“When I got upstairs and looked down, the guy who was on top beating up the other guy, was the one laying in the grass, and I believe he was dead at that point,” John said.

Zimmerman says the shooting was self defense. According to information released on the Sanford city website, Zimmerman said he was going back to his SUV when he was attacked by the teen.

[color=#FF0000]Sanford police say Zimmerman was bloody in his face and head, and the back of his shirt was wet and had grass stains, indicating a struggle took place before the shooting.[/color]

[/quote]http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/state/witness-martin-attacked-zimmerman-03232012

So here’s an eye witness who saw and heard Zimmerman screaming as Martin beat his face in and smashed his head on the ground. I don’t think it’s such a stretch to think that a young man can beat up an older, bigger guy. I watched a High School friend of mine, 17 at the time, beat some 27 year old guy up and the take the bag of weed that dropped out of the 27 year old’s pocket during the melee. :whistle:

Chris has been living in Taiwan a long time, so maybe he thinks the bigger guy is always at fault? :doh:

Zimmerman might get manslaughter for this, but under the SYG Law, it’s doubtful.

btw, that cutesie picture of Martin was taken years ago.

by crime stats 92% of black murder victims are killed by other black people, but this case is important

50% of blacks do not graduate from high school, but this case is important

Spike Lee sends a tweet of the wrong address sending a lynch mob to the wrong house, but this case is important

Obama’s support amongst blacks was dropping, but this case is important

The economy is in the tank and oil is going up, but this case is important

It’s all about priorities. A black man getting shot by another black man doesn’t make the news. Students protesting at a Detroit high school for education, still not newsworthy. Black kid shot by “white hispanic” is newsworthy though.

[quote=“Okami”]by crime stats 92% of black murder victims are killed by other black people, but this case is important

Spike Lee sends a tweet of the wrong address sending a lynch mob to the wrong house, but this case is important

It’s all about priorities. A black man getting shot by another black man doesn’t make the news. Students protesting at a Detroit high school for education, still not newsworthy. Black kid shot by “white hispanic” is newsworthy though.[/quote]

an innocent kid was shot by a man who was acting as some armed vigilante neighborhood watch type.

you don’t think this is important or different? its a demonstrative example of blacks having to worry for their life because they are black.

while what you state above is true, it is the same with all politics, without the inconsequential nonsense of gay marriage and abortion the right basically disappears, so it should be no surprise for you to see interest groups pipe up when something like this happens.

Assuming everything jdsmith states proves accurate, was the police investigation sufficient?

[quote=“Okami”]by crime stats 92% of black murder victims are killed by other black people, but this case is important

It’s all about priorities. A black man getting shot by another black man doesn’t make the news. Students protesting at a Detroit high school for education, still not newsworthy. Black kid shot by “white hispanic” is newsworthy though.[/quote]

An unarmed black man is shot for no apparent reason and the police make no arrest. The case is important because if Zimmerman gets off it means the American public is empowered to shoot black men simply on suspicion of being up to no good. It’s not hard to see that at the very least Zimmerman has to be tried. If he can produce witnesses that show he was attacked so be it. But it’s for a court of law to decide the veracity of witness statements.

[quote=“the bear”][quote=“Okami”]by crime stats 92% of black murder victims are killed by other black people, but this case is important

An unarmed black man is shot for no apparent reason and the police make no arrest. The case is important because if Zimmerman gets off it means the American public is empowered to shoot black men simply on suspicion of being up to no good. It’s not hard to see that at the very least Zimmerman has to be tried. If he can produce witnesses that show he was attacked so be it. But it’s for a court of law to decide the veracity of witness statements.[/quote]
Absolutely.

However, if you read Z’s account, he was on his back to his SUV when Trayvon came up to him and threatened him, then started to whip him but good.

That’s the crux of this case: Zimmerman, having shot and killed an unarmed kid, was released with no charge after the incident was barely investigated. That is the true outrage; that’s why it’s news.

Race is secondary to the case, but it is also a factor.

But… is Z’s account credible?

[quote=“Chris”]That’s the crux of this case: Zimmerman, having shot and killed an unarmed kid, was released with no charge after the incident was barely investigated. That is the true outrage; that’s why it’s news.

Race is secondary to the case, but it is also a factor.[/quote]
Only because that’s what you people look at. :unamused:

Barely investigated? Oh? Can you link ANYTHING to your posts?

It’s going to a grand jury soon, I think.

Given that no arrest has been made a month in, I’d say, yeah. However, that may not stop the DA from going after Zimmerman with Manslaughter charges. That’s what the boys at Powerline think they should do.

But… is Z’s account credible?[/quote]
We shall see.

Are the police and paramedic’s accounts that Zimmerman received treatment at the scene for his injuries credible to you?

Here’s a great example of the amount of crapola coming from the Left:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=M6Z0vBfu-Po#!

ugh…a little help with the video, mod? :blush:

Only because that’s what you people look at. :unamused:[/quote]
No, because it’s clearly a factor of the case.

First: why did Zimmerman go after Martin in the first place? Because he considered Martin’s skin color to be “wrong” for his neighborhood. I quote Zimmerman: “F*ing cns”.

Second: Had Zimmerman been black and Martin white, Zimmerman would NOT have been let go by the police.

Anti-black racism is a reality in the US, and it must be opposed. Ignoring the problem only exacerbates it.

I thought he followed after Martin because he felt the youth was acting a little suspiciously, not because of his colour.
The racist epithet is unwelcome, but quite common amongst residents in areas that see a lot of crime which is committed predominantly by blacks.

Only because that’s what you people look at. :unamused:[/quote]
No, because it’s clearly a factor of the case.
[/quote]
Why? Because Trayvon was black?

I heard that tape. You heard him say “coon?” Wow. Good ears on you. Even your boy Jon Stewart thinks that’s crap: go to 4:44 where they “INVESTIGATE” the tape:
realclearpolitics.com/video/ … _case.html

Sure, because in Florida, whites can shoot blacks. It’s the law. :unamused:

Good god. The pile of dead black boys and men killed by black boys and men is a problem that should be examined too, ya think?

re:Charges being filed…
“State attorney Angela Corey indicated her office, not a grand jury, will decide whether to bring charges in the death of Trayvon Martin.”
Tough-minded prosecutor in spotlight on Trayvon Martin case

My money, right now, says its going to be a “no bill” call of self-defense.

Zimmerman was not 'hunting ’ for Mr. Martin. The original 911 call he made has him saying repeatedly that Martin “ran” and that he “lost” Martin.
At one point the dispatcher asks Zimmerman for his home address and Zimmerman gives him the house number and then whispers “oh crap I don’t want to say it out loud, I don’t know where he’s at.”

He was NOT in pursuit of Martin, one of the favorite myths of the crazed mob. He had no idea where Martin was and said so repeatedly.

Listen for yourself:

youtube.com/watch?v=jL72w4xiTVU

Also, Mr. Zimmerman was on his way home. He was not “patrolling” the community as some would have one believe.

[quote=“Mick”]Trayvon Martin case: Screams on 911 tape aren’t George Zimmerman’s: experts

[quote]Two leading forensic voice identification experts who listened to a 911 call from a neighbor at the Sanford, Fla., gated community where Martin was gunned down told the Orlando Sentinel that the screams didn’t match Zimmerman’s voice.

Using sophisticated voice match software, Tom Owen, forensic consultant for Owen Forensic Services LLC and chair emeritus for the American Board of Recorded Evidence, told the Sentinel that there was only a 48% chance that it was Zimmerman crying for help on the tape.

Usually, a positive match rates higher than 90%.

“As a result of that, you can say with reasonable scientific certainty that it’s not Zimmerman,” Owen said.

Owen, the former chief engineer for the New York Public Library’s Rodgers and Hammerstein Archives of Recorded Sound, also said he couldn’t be sure that the voice was Martin’s because he didn’t have a sample of the teen’s voice.

But a second audio sleuth said he heard the teen screaming for his life.

“I believe that’s Trayvon Martin in the background, without a doubt,” Ed Primeau, an audio engineer and forensics expert from Michigan, told the Sentinel.

[/quote]

Funeral director says Trayvon’s body showed no signs of brawl

[quote]Richard Kurtz said his examination of the slain Florida teen’s corpse revealed no cuts, scratches or bruises, only a gunshot wound to the chest.

Kurtz’s account appears to contradict George Zimmerman’s claims that he shot Trayvon during a life-and-death struggle.

“We could see no physical signs like there had been a scuffle [or] there had been a fight,” Kurtz told CBS News.

“The hands — I didn’t see any knuckles, bruises or what have you, and that is something we would have covered up if it would have been there.”

Trayvon “looked perfectly normal to me when he came in and the story just does not make sense that he was in this type of scuffle or fight in anything that we could see,” Kurtz added.
[/quote]

Been a while since theres been an OJ type trial, but my guess is they will charge Zimmerman eventually and then more details will come out in the trail, such as the extent (or lack) of injuries Zimmerman had. Im not sure if the audio analysis would hold up in court of if Zimmerman could find an expert to say it was more likely him, but if he is proved to by lying, it will be pretty much game over for him, IMO.[/quote]

The first link:[quote]
Using sophisticated voice match software, Tom Owen, forensic consultant for Owen Forensic Services LLC and chair emeritus for the American Board of Recorded Evidence, told the Sentinel that there was only a 48% chance that it was Zimmerman crying for help on the tape.

Usually, a positive match rates higher than 90%.

“As a result of that, you can say with
reasonable scientific certainty that it’s not Zimmerman
,” Owen said.[/quote]
That doesn’t mean it’s not.[quote]

Owen, the former chief engineer for the New York Public Library’s Rodgers and Hammerstein Archives of Recorded Sound, also said he couldn’t be sure that the voice was Martin’s because he didn’t have a sample of the teen’s voice.
[/quote]
That would make sense. Good on this guy.

I care more about what the Forensic examiner’s report says. The guy who is getting paid by TM’s family isn’t a reliable source IMHO. :thumbsdown:

youtube.com/watch?v=jL72w4xiTVU

Wow. The whole audio of the call to the cops. But not the shooting.

:thumbsup:

Thanks TC. But the pictures are very biased, huh?

Oh please :unamused: You’re just repeating what your masters have put into your head because it pleases them to keep society in a state of fear. It’s a useful way of justifying their own existence. Do you seriously believe you have good enough firearms training and quick enough reactions to defend yourself against someone for whom violence is a way of life? Could you really - think about it - kill another human being without at least hesitating?

Only the most fucked-up societies on earth - I’m thinking Somalia or Congo here - think it’s OK for the average man in the street to act as judge, jury and executioner. That kind of power doesn’t belong in the hands of individuals, and certainly not individuals like Zimmerman (or Martin).

If the US banned the sale of guns and ammo tomorrow, and handed out long jail sentences to anyone so much as peddling birdshot, gun deaths would fall within a year. Or do you imagine the black market that would spring up would be so massively efficient that all criminals would have ready access to all the hardware they wanted?

If this particular incident had happened in Europe, Zimmerman and Martin would have just kicked the shit out of each other, because neither burglars nor vigilantes tend to carry weapons. Police and ambulances would have scraped up the mess, Zimmerman would have got a slap on the wrist and Martin (if he was out burgling) would be in jail. It would be a trivial, county-court incident that might merit two column-inches in the local rag. Life would go on. Instead of that, a kid is dead, and millions of dollars will be wasted on lawyers to figure out what happened. Result!